You can type here any text you want

Heads champion or ta ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sorry guys to hijack. If I'm looking to do high 10s with a 6265 and alky, would you guys recommend a TA block to do the job easier?

Sounds silly right.

Being that we were already talking about heads I didn't think it was the greatest sin
Neither did I as an innocent bystander. The reaction to your question kind of resembles what people were talking about in the "Where is the intelligent discussion" thread.

Had you started another thread the response would have been "do a search"

Neither did I as an innocent bystander. The reaction to your question kind of resembles what people were talking about in the "Where is the intelligent discussion" thread.

Had you started another thread the response would have been "do a search"
I realize its kind of a dumb as hell question. I've asked plenty on this board. Guys like Bison or Steve will take it in stride and help as best as they can. Some just get annoyed and I totally understand. Im not afraid to ask a potentially dumb question and I'm also not afraid to get a little backlash and learn from it. This is the internet after all.

I didn't mind your question I posted the thread asking a comparison of the 2 aluminum heads and mostly what I got was go with irons

I didn't mind your question I posted the thread asking a comparison of the 2 aluminum heads and mostly what I got was go with irons
The way I've been explained When my motor was being built, is that that less flow just needs more boost to compensate. I love that I can push nearly 30 psi out of my combo but if I can get the same power levels at a lower boost I figure I get more room for error on the tuning side. There is a lot more to this discussion though to take into consideration. I doubt many guys that have used one al head have used the other to compare.

yea I didn't quite get that either. u didn't ask about irons u asked about the two aluminums.... but watever.

they both have gone real fast and so have irons for that matter but personally I don't think u wud notice ANY difference between the two but TA does seem to have a quicker turn around time but there are probably far more Champion aluminums out there then TA's so two each his own....

I misread the title assuming you meant champion irons.:cool:

From what I've read the Champion Aluminum heads are a good piece. I think some of the earlier models had some issues but that is fixed now. I went TA because I knew I could get them.

I realize its kind of a dumb as hell question. I've asked plenty on this board. Guys like Bison or Steve will take it in stride and help as best as they can. Some just get annoyed and I totally understand. Im not afraid to ask a potentially dumb question and I'm also not afraid to get a little backlash and learn from it. This is the internet after all.

Don't worry about asking questions even if they're a little trivial. I do searches all the time but I find some threads are 3 years old. Things change and people find better solutions and new products come to market so once in a while I want some fresh info. I dis-agree with one thing you said in the quote. You don't learn anything from backlash! Ignore it and look for a positive message in your posts. You've always been a positive guy on this board.(y)

Back