You can type here any text you want

Heat wrap on headers and/or dp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Onalky87

Was wondering if this would help with scavenging by getting the exhaust out faster. Like if I do the hot side of turbo and dp. Looking for people who have tried it Thanx in advance

Do not....... and I repeat, Do not wrap the headers. If you get any oil leaks, the wrap absorbs the oil and eventually it will light on fire. If you want the thermal properties of wrap, get the pipes ceramic coated.

Do not....... and I repeat, Do not wrap the headers. If you get any oil leaks, the wrap absorbs the oil and eventually it will light on fire. If you want the thermal properties of wrap, get the pipes ceramic coated.

:eek: Fire + Car = Trouble!

exhaust wrap

I have my dp wrapped with that tape like wrap i ordered on line (wich you can order in many colors, also i wrapped the hot side of turbo w/ a universal type blanket if you will & man what a differnce in uner hood temps. Before all of this if i opened hood at a local cruise upon arrival it was like standing next to an oven, now you can open it and actually grab both with your bare hand for a short time.I would highly recommend just m.o.p. if you want info. for there web site send me a pm there site also shows temp ratings and all related info.

I have my dp wrapped with that tape like wrap i ordered on line (wich you can order in many colors, also i wrapped the hot side of turbo w/ a universal type blanket if you will & man what a differnce in uner hood temps. Before all of this if i opened hood at a local cruise upon arrival it was like standing next to an oven, now you can open it and actually grab both with your bare hand for a short time.I would highly recommend just m.o.p. if you want info. for there web site send me a pm there site also shows temp ratings and all related info.

I'm all about the power gain. So if I can run the car at the track b4 then put it on and gain ET then will do it. Just waiting on someone with data to prove it increases hp

wrap

I use a turbo blanket and a wrap on the DP. I have notice a drop in under the hood temps of 250 degrees. I used a heat gun from the same distance pointed at the turbo after a hard run. before and after.:biggrin:

I use a turbo blanket and a wrap on the DP. I have notice a drop in under the hood temps of 250 degrees. I used a heat gun from the same distance pointed at the turbo after a hard run. before and after.:biggrin:

So does less underhood temps mean more gain in ET?

wrap

I was having trouble with my methonal evaporating in the pump and line to the up pipe on hot summer days. this was causeing some knock problems for a few seconds on wot blasts, so my answer is YES,:D

Lean, sometimes @wob

I USED SOME 114 MIXED WITH 110OCT FUEL AND I AM SEEING SOME LEAN#s (SOMETIMES)AT WOB. MY O2S #s were 777 @23lbs boost with 0.0 knock. A FEW TIMES I HAVE SEEN 500 ON THE O2 SIDE BUT NOT ALL THE TIME. I NEVER EVER SAW THIS BEFORE. MIGHT NEED A NEW O2 SNSOR!!!!! UH THANKS

I wrapped the pass side headder on one of my other cars to keep the starter cooler and left the drivers side unwrapped and after about a year or so when I took the car apart the pass side had began rusting. I would stay away from wrap I think that's why it voids the warranty

exhaust wrap

Well it seems we have a variety of op's here however we all no cooler air = more power, this is why we run innercoolers right? well if we can lower under hood temps. your obviousley going to gain something not huge but something.Now as for the oil leaks soaking the material and causing a fire, well u dump oil on your non wrapped dp after a hard run Yeah you will probably start a fire, now dump some on a wrapped dp that is several hundered degrees cooler tell me what happens! Nothing and above and beyond that fix your leaks and u dont have to worry about fires i'm at 108,000 original miles and have Zero leaks.But hey these are just my thoughts good luck in whatever choice you make

My headers were ceramic coated in 2001 and the Kirban downpipe was jet hot coated prior to that, they both still look fantastic.

Back