You can type here any text you want

Hello. New Here

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The wiring shouldn't be a problem as long as someone hasn't done a hack-job to it while looking for an electrical problem or adding things to the wiring like gauges,etc.

One important thing on these cars is the grounds. An afternoon spent taking grounds off and cleaning them will add years of reliability.

Most connections are in weather -packs. Those that aren't should be checked and cleaned. ...wiring at the starter,for example.

These cars are actually simple in their own way. One big help will be this Forum. There are many people here who are a database of info. It's just important to post the correct subject line to get the right eyes looking.

It has been said that these cars are built of a super-strong/highly engineered and durable drivetrain surrounded by a crap car. Sometimes I believe that.

Keep in mind that these cars are an addiction. I'm certainly addicted and I understand I must take the good with the bad.
Well Said TR Brother .....:cool:

as far as east or west... I wished I lived closer to Conn. rather than the desert...only for my GN though...maybe further west??

Can I live without ABS? Can I install a GPS / satellite radio?
Are you kidding me? How old are you?
The question should be......how can you live WITH abs, gps, and satellite radio!!!!!!

Everything I have removed from my car that brings me closer to the driving experience, the happier I have become. Nothing like feeling the brakes grab when you touch a pedal with no vacuum assist. I don't want to know where I'm going when I drive my Buick, I just want to enjoy the ride. And I certainly don't think any sound is as beautiful as the sound of a couple of turbos whistling away as I enjoy that same ride.

PS. All the rest of the junk I drive doesn't have any of this stuff either:).

I am only joking...Missouri is way east to me. I like the wide open spaces of the west...don't they have parking meters at any rest areas east of philly? Rest areas? Do they have those? Joking again...sorry op merry Christmas to you all

GPS and Satellite radio??

You might find that you'll get more entertainment from the sound of your finely tuned mill instead.

If you are like me,you will be listening for things. Things I can stop rattling. (T-tops)

You'll want to hear if your rear tires are losing grip so you can let off.

There's so much going on,there's no time for a radio.

I did something useful with the radio hole. Boost and fuel pressure gauges. Something I think every TR owner should have.

No radio here..

image.png

GPS and Satellite radio??

You might find that you'll get more entertainment from the sound of your finely tuned mill instead.

If you are like me,you will be listening for things. Things I can stop rattling. (T-tops)

You'll want to hear if your rear tires are losing grip so you can let off.

There's so much going on,there's no time for a radio.

I did something useful with the radio hole. Boost and fuel pressure gauges. Something I think every TR owner should have.

No radio here..

View attachment 269754
No radio. No heat. No AC..........Just the important things.
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG

Back