You can type here any text you want

Help ditch the powermaster and go rear disc all at once?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Actually if the car stalls, the brakes still act as manual brakes do.

Well yeah I figured that much I'm just surprised the 84 GN hydroboost didn't have an accumulator being a 3800lb vehicle.

Anyways I'll have to think it over and see if the money comes up but looks like it could be done for $300 from the parts store.

Still thinking about rear disc but could always do that some point down the road.

So is this everything....

-power brake booster
-master cylinder
-pressure line A
-pressure line B
-3/8" return line

That comes out to $270 online. Would just need to find a tee for the return line.

Is there a fitting needed for the return line at the booster end? Or is there going to be a barb there.

Should be all you need. There is nipple for the low pressure line on the HydroBoost unit. Then just TEE it into the feed off of the reseviour. TEE's are only a couple bucks.

Well my plans just went down the drain, the hydroboost unit from Rock Auto is return and rebuild only, meaning Cardone no longer has any in stock, you can only buy one if you send in your own core.

Call up Oreilly's and have them get one for you. They are going to have to get a query from their warehouse and let you know in a couple days but I do know for sure they have some. I just had my buddies check for me 2 days ago.

Alright I will check with them and see if it's the same situation or not. The Murray's auto parts by my house just became an Oreillys.

Ok sounds good. I just got off the phone with my buddis over there. They are putting a query in for me as well. I will know tomorrow around noon. Most of these parts stores will just look it up and see that they are unavailable and tell you they cant get it. BUT, if they special order it, they usually get it. I just had the same issue with a PS pump last week. Cost of the HydroBoost is $140 plus $20 core. I'll let you know what I find as well.

Let me know what you find out, seems like the pricing in your area is going to be better anyway. The $16 master is $21 in Chicago. If they find more than one booster in the warehouse let me know haha. I'm gunna drive over there now, talking to people on the phone usually doesn't work.

ok will do. Did you drive over there yet? I guess it does help to have friends in low places sometimes!!

Got a few responses about used ones that I found online. Some decent prices, I just hope they would still work. No different than guys pulling them out of junkyards I guess.

Hydroboost Happiness

That's why we use the new units. We laser cut our own brackets. The Hydroboost conversion works well by itself. IF you convert to rear disc, it almost requires a Hydroboost. If you look at all of the cars that came with 4 disc, you will see High Pressure boosters on them. Disc brakes REQUIRE DOUBLE the pressure, and DOUBLE the volume to operate. You are going from a 3/4" wheel cyl to a 2.5" caliper piston. Big difference. Disc brakes were designed NOT to lock up. Those rotors ar slippery, and they do not self-energize like drum brakes do. It is all about PRESSURE.

Back