Help identify this little critter I found in the garage

and she could have sucked head... :biggrin:

Oh, you know you were thinking it.

your making me hungry!!!

notacarlo, sounds like ya'll do it big up in Dallas!! I thought crawfish were only big down here in the bayou(southwest louisiana)! A guy I used to work with has a crawfish farm in Lake Aurthur. He grows em big over there. We havent cooked any this year but you got me wanting some now. That recipe that you put up is pretty much the same as we do. I think I'm gonna grill some redfish and fry up some speckled trout too!!

That sounds friggin tasty.

The two brothers that put the boil together....this is genius, are Asian, from Philly, went to LSU, and moved to Dallas. I run the grills and am the third wheel on the boil station.

I keep telling them they need to do this for a living. We also have a good friend that is an award winning home brewer. He brings the whole set up. 5 mini kegs (in duplicate) co2 and taps. The only beer served at the boil is his and it is darn good beer. Ranges from a light amber to a double chocolate stout. 1 big a$$ margarita machine and a snowcone maker.

Bounce houses for the kids and all.

Start a pot of water with some onions, whole mushrooms,corn on cobb, whole garlic cloves, new potatoes, smoked sausage pieces, a couple of split lemons, package of crab boil,1 container of Tony Chacheres seasoning, 1 bottle of hot sauce,1 bottle of tabasco, and half a cup of kosher salt.

Put the crawfish in a container with tap water. The chlorine will make them puke and crap out all the stuff in their belly.

Throw them in the pot, wait for it to boil - they should start to sink - Once at a boil, remove from heat and ice immediately. Just to stop the cooking process. Then strain off the brine and pour the bugs/veggie mix onto a table covered in newspaper.

Get good beer and enjoy.

On the tail - the center scale - twist and pull - the vein usually slides right out if that bugs you. I eat it all. Pull the tail off and suck the juice from the head!

Purge em with salt water..let em soak for about 3-5.....We do it twice:cool:

I just went to a crawfish boil on Sunday mmmmmm GOOD!!! had a bunch of these...

PIC-0022.jpg

and a few buckets of these...

PIC-0030.jpg