HELP ! NEED INFO ON S-10 LSI BRAKES PLEASE

BWAHitman

Senior Delegate
SORRY TO SOUND DUMB, BEEN A BAD LAST 8 YEARS. I CHECKED THREADS AND THE TECH TALK ASSUMES I AM A FBODY ENGINEER. ALSO JUNK YARDS WANT CASH UP FRONT AND YOU GET WHAT U GET. UNLESS YOU WANT A FRONT CLIP FOR A LATE MODEL FORIGN CAR. I WANT TO CONVERT MY BRAKES.
1ST QUESTION - DO ALL S-10 2WD 95? TO 04? HAVE 2PISTON CALIPERS IF NOT WHICH ONES DO. 2ND QUESTION WHICH 98-02 F-BODY COMES WITH DUAL PISTON CALIPERS ?
3RD QUSETION WILL THE SPINDLES FIT MY 87 NATIONAL UP,LOWER & TIE ROD ENDS ? THANKS FOR THE HELP. IVE BEEN OUT OF THIS REALM FOR A WHILE AND DO NOT WANT TO NEGLECT MY 46K MI G 87 GN

not sure on which S trucks had the (barely) bigger brakes, but every 98-02 F body (Camaro, Z28, Firebird, Trans Am) all had the same front brakes.

just to throw in another wrinkle- i'm looking at the feasibility of using C3 (68-81) Corvette rotors with the LS1 F body calipers to make a 12" X 1.25" brake setup that will fit inside pretty much every 15" wheel ever made.. looking to do it on my 86 Camaro, but of it works i'll also do my T Type..

Will S10 or LS1 fit with stock T-type vector wheels? And is it worth doing the conversion with original power master?

The S-10 Blazer 2wd 4 door knuckles and brakes will fit on the vectors so they should fit on the stock wheels with out an isse.

Thanks charlief1, wanted see what options are out there that can keep TR looking stock but brake better.

I

Hey guys ... I have the f-body rear brake setup that I'm about to attempt to put on my 87 GN.... What other brackets or parts do I need I see it's a lot of info out there just trying to make it easy to understand for myself .... And yes I'm a beginner

Thanks

BWAHitman said:
SORRY TO SOUND DUMB, BEEN A BAD LAST 8 YEARS. I CHECKED THREADS AND THE TECH TALK ASSUMES I AM A FBODY ENGINEER. ALSO JUNK YARDS WANT CASH UP FRONT AND YOU GET WHAT U GET. UNLESS YOU WANT A FRONT CLIP FOR A LATE MODEL FORIGN CAR. I WANT TO CONVERT MY BRAKES.
1ST QUESTION - DO ALL S-10 2WD 95? TO 04? HAVE 2PISTON CALIPERS IF NOT WHICH ONES DO. 2ND QUESTION WHICH 98-02 F-BODY COMES WITH DUAL PISTON CALIPERS ?
3RD QUSETION WILL THE SPINDLES FIT MY 87 NATIONAL UP,LOWER & TIE ROD ENDS ? THANKS FOR THE HELP. IVE BEEN OUT OF THIS REALM FOR A WHILE AND DO NOT WANT TO NEGLECT MY 46K MI G 87 GN

Attachments

• image-3308992374.jpg
    image-3308992374.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3763242361.jpg
    image-3763242361.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 136
  • image-1021457158.jpg
    image-1021457158.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 125
if you're looking for the LS1 camaro brakes i have a set front and rear that i'm selling. rears are still on the car thou fronts are removed,