Help on v8 swap

japSW20

Hey people, I have a 85 regal t-type that i ripped out the original motor to replace it with a SBC.. I need to find out how to wire everything up, I know there is 2 plugs on the driver side, one plug is for lights and the 2nd plug is for the motor but where do i have to run my wires? like alternator and main power for the fuse block?? any diagrams or info would be greatly appreciated.:cool: :cool: :cool:

ok ive been searching all night but cant find anything. I am looking for the pin out of the right plug on the bulk harness. I kno th eleft is for the front lights and right for the motor. I just need to wire up a carbed V8 in the regal

Have you tried GnTtype.org? Plenty of wiring diagrams on there...

yea but nothing real clear. I need to find out which is the main power wire that goes into the fuse block, the hot switch wire and stuff like that. heres a pic of the plug (left one)
MVC-020S-3.jpg

ok so after looking around i did find the diagram (must of overlooked it) anyways here is what i came up with. I am going to be runing a basic carburator setup (just enough to keep it runing) so i marked the basic ones in red.. does this look right?
GN_C100.jpg

That's because your Regal is resisting the installation of a foreign body in its engine compartment. :eek:

That's because your Regal is resisting the installation of a foreign body in its engine compartment. :eek:

lol lets not go there.... my regal is no longer a regal.. i think its a hybrid between cadillac,chevy and buick:biggrin:
MVC-015S-2.jpg

Cincinnati lost this one in a garage fire this summer:(
Pinky%2010.jpg

Pinky%2012.jpg

What about just rewiring the car....maybe easier

I wonder if Painless has a kit that would work?

its only like 3 wires i need to hook up but i would like to use the factory plug.. i mianly need to find out which is the main power that goes into the fuseblock