Help selecting a new Turbo please

BaldMenace

I want to get turbocharger better suited for my goals and combination. Unfortunately I know just enough to get myself in trouble about Turbo chargers. I'm interested in quick spooling and still want to be able to not run out of breath before the end of the 1/4 mile.

Tell me what info I need to provide to get a good solid recommendation.

Need a lot more information!! How about your current combo and you et goal for starters...
109 block
JE pistons (3.830)
RPM 3.625 forged crank
Molnar 6.350 rods
billet center caps
Ported iron heads by Duttwiler
Ported intake w/ egr blocked
Roller cam 210/212
T&D 1.65 roller rockers
Cruz headers T4 style
80 lb injectors.
350 lph pump
MS3Pro -evo ECU
Th400 w/2500 stall
3.42 rear
Car is 3500 lbs

This is a 1966 Special and will mainly be a street car that will see the track a few times a year. Low low 11 second power would be plenty but I'm more concerned with it not being lazy when driving on the street. I have a Garrett GBC37-900 67MM for my 300 V8 build and thought about using it on this engine but it's not ideal.

So you don't have a turbo yet? The build is plenty capable of 10s. The converter stall is low though.

If your looking for a 4 bolt many many possibilities , but why not a 3 bolt? little small on the injector for the engines potential, same with fuel pump, you need a different converter once you get everything figured out, and i think i told you on v8buick site ALKY SYSTEM otherwise you will be limited to 17 psi!!

I don't have any desire to make as much power as this engine is capable of handling. It's a street car and won't even have a roll bar. 17 PSI will probably be plenty. I feel like a smaller turbocharger than what I have now with ball bearings would be more responsive.

I don't have any desire to make as much power as this engine is capable of handling. It's a street car and won't even have a roll bar. 17 PSI will probably be plenty. I feel like a smaller turbocharger than what I have now with ball bearings would be more responsive.
If you’re not pushing it 6262 and still capable of low 10s if you do. If you decide to go into 9s and have turbo left 6466. What converter are you running that is giving you 2500 stall.

Ok my bad, its just unusual for someone to have a build like that looking for 350 hp . all good , no harm no foul

Look at the PTE Gen 2 6062. Its DBB so you can try it with the low stall you have. It makes more power than the 6262 which I have used many times on low 11 second cars and mid 10s on a 234ci ported iron head street cruiser.

Perhaps a bit overkill for now, but once the fast bug bites you..........

My transmission a th400 variable pitch. It has a dual stall converter. Low stall is about 1500-1700 and high stall is 2500-2700. I realize a higher stall is desirable for launching but I'm not so worried about that.

I want to get turbocharger better suited for my goals and combination. Unfortunately I know just enough to get myself in trouble about Turbo chargers. I'm interested in quick spooling and still want to be able to not run out of breath before the end of the 1/4 mile.

Tell me what info I need to provide to get a good solid recommendation.
Here is the cheatsheat
The turbo should be selected solely based 9n what kind of horsepower you want to make and the turbo response time you want.
State your goals.........

109 block
JE pistons (3.830)
RPM 3.625 forged crank
Molnar 6.350 rods
billet center caps
Ported iron heads by Duttwiler
Ported intake w/ egr blocked
Roller cam 210/212
T&D 1.65 roller rockers
Cruz headers T4 style
80 lb injectors.
350 lph pump
MS3Pro -evo ECU
Th400 w/2500 stall
3.42 rear
Car is 3500 lbs

This is a 1966 Special and will mainly be a street car that will see the track a few times a year. Low low 11 second power would be plenty but I'm more concerned with it not being lazy when driving on the street. I have a Garrett GBC37-900 67MM for my 300 V8 build and thought about using it on this engine but it's not ideal.
We have a 64 billet bb turbo on a similar combo that spools almost at idle
More pump of coarse and runs a stock crank
And runs low 9s.
9 To 1 compression.

Here is the cheatsheat
The turbo should be selected solely based 9n what kind of horsepower you want to make and the turbo response time you want.
State your goals.........
Up to 600 HP and fairly quick spool up. Car has no roll bar and never will so more HP is a waist.

my 5857 will not make 500 hp at 17 lb It will go 11.5 @ 118 at 25*
scratch my suggestion of a 5858