Help trouble codes!!!!!!!!!

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
Car will idle but very erattic. Throws a code 42, 45, 33, 24 and a 13. The wierd thing the scanmaster turn off and resets durring idle. Did not have chance to look at anything yet will have it towed home but reset the ecm, switched chips and bypass the MSD and still the same. Thanks in advance.

I figured it out!

I try to check for trouble codes with the jumper to the ALDL connector and nothing shows up, even the SES light won't even blink. So I borrowed a ECM from a friend (Geoff87) and now it runs like a champ!

What causes the ECM to take a DUMP?

Usually, computers don't just fry. There is a systems perfomance check or computer check that you can perform before replacing the ECM. It may point to a problem.

Originally posted by gofstbuick
There is a systems perfomance check or computer check that you can perform before replacing the ECM. It may point to a problem.

How do you do that?

Basically it is a dignostic circuit check. Determine if the computer has the ability to store diagnostic codes (try disconnecting your TPS and see if a code sets). Also look to see that scan data does not look out of the ordinary. There used to be this long flow chart for carbureted vehicles, but for FI vehicles, they just want to know that the check engine light works and the computer has the ability to store codes and the data looks ok.

Also, one of the main reasons a computer blows is a resistance problem. The sensors are on 5 volt reference, but actuators are activated by completing ground to 12 volts. I would be more concerned with checking resistance of actuators. To be on the safe side, do a resistance check of injectors, egr solenoind, cannister purge solenoid and ignition.