You can type here any text you want

Help With Coolant Leak (video)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thepremier

Hello all,

I seem to have a coolant leak running down by the oil pan, but I'm having trouble figuring out where this leak is originating from...

I checked the hoses, and they were all good. I for leakage around the heads and didn't spot anything.

Here is a video footage of the leak:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uloaomkk94yokxt/CoolantLeakBuivkGN.mp4?dl=0

What else could be the possible location of where this leak is coming from?

Car has been running just fine, until early this evening when I was driving back home from the gas station. Got out of the car and heard it leaking coolant pretty bad...

All help is appreciated.

Thank You

Freeze plug right behind motor mount?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Like boost 231 said there is a freeze plug right above that engine mount. there is also a freeze plug on the front of the cylinder head...it is located behind the accessory mounting bracket..alternator a/c compressor etc...or always a possibility a head gasket. It really looks like the freeze plug tho.

you will need to jack the engine up a bit using piece of 2 x 8 wood board on a jack with either a hole drilled in it
or leave the oil drain plug out so you do not crush the oil pan.

The engine mounts are held in with only 3 bolts...the long one that runs front to back
you will need a 5/8" and 11/16" to remove.

The 2 that attach it to the back you will need a 5/8" socket to remove.

Going to be some work whichever it ends up being.

Boost231 I think answered that. I had one pop off on my 88 Monte SS years ago...between engine and trans :confused:

And if I'm going to make another guess, your running RMI25?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to you all that took the time to respondx and help me locate the problem.

I removed the freeze plugs, and installed new ones... First time doing this particular job, and the freeze plug located behind the motor mount was super stubborn!

Once the plugs were removed, installing the new ones was easy. Car is running strong again!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm telling you, you can't beat getting excellent help from these guys.....good eye catching that! Isn't this forum GREAT for honest help? Just LOVE these guys, always here for you for any problems you might have. Very, very fortunate to a site like this. One great bunch of knowledgeable guys! They've helped me out hundreds of times in the past.....can't do without them. Great band of Turbo Regal brothers!

Bruce '87 Grand National

I'm telling you, you can't beat getting excellent help from these guys.....good eye catching that! Isn't this forum GREAT for honest help? Just LOVE these guys, always here for you for any problems you might have. Very, very fortunate to a site like this. One great bunch of knowledgeable guys! They've helped me out hundreds of times in the past.....can't do without them. Great band of Turbo Regal brothers!

Bruce '87 Grand National
Amen , Great bunch of folks

Back