You can type here any text you want

Help with degreeing a cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOTIMMER

I have a 224/224 comp roller and rollmaster chain (both from weber). For the love of god, I can't seem to get the lobe centerline. Having it set straight up it comes out at 109.5. Cam card says it should be at 108. I've tried it several different ways, and The centerline keeps going up. I've read compcams directions (about 50 times) and rollmasters directions. Compcam directions seem somewhat straight forward, but rollmaster's suck. Add that with the fact that I'm borderline retarded, and you get the idea. WTF am I doing wrong??? Other than obviously going the wrong way with cam timing.

Tia.

Is it possible ......

it was ground on 110* and the cam card was mislabeled or the incorrect one?
Can you call weber and find out. this will either give you gray hair or make it fall out!:confused:

You'll need to advance it 2* if you want the Intake Centerline to match the cam card. Between the camshaft, chain, and gears tolerances will/can be off...

K.

Keith, how do I do that? That's where rollmasters directions mess me up. I know which direction to go with the cam. Just don't know how the dots would look once it's together.

I have a 224/224 from Precision..... My centerline is 108, but degrees to 110..... You will love that cam

Leave it at 109.5. (110) Turbo Buicks don't like a real tight lobe center lines. 110-112 usually produces best torque curve in my experience. Even retarding the cam seems to perk them up a bit. Not alot of power gain/loss either way, though. We can over-ride most screw ups with a twist of the boost knob.;)

Keith, how do I do that? That's where rollmasters directions mess me up. I know which direction to go with the cam. Just don't know how the dots would look once it's together.

Line the rotating assembly back up dot-dot, and pull the timing set off enough to remove the crank gear off the keyway. Turn the crank gear clockwise one notch and put the assembly back on without rotating anything. You'll see that the cam will have to move just a hair (2*) to line back up with the cam gear. Degree it again and you should be where the cam card states.

Or like was mentioned leave it where it is...

K.

Back