You can type here any text you want

Help with MAFT Pro install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
we can turn the blm's on with speed density mode, but the tune needs to be really close to prevent driveability issues.

My preference is speed density, due to the smoothness of the part throttle and tip-out.

But thats just me.....

Bob

What changes need to be made to be able to go back and fourth between maf and speed density?

Thanks

I just change the "airflow mode" from Translator Mode to Speed Density using the keypad on the Pro.

Bob

I've been running the MaftPro in SD mode for about 5 years now and would never ever even consider putting a maf sensor back on the car.

Though the standard maf translator and LT1 maf sensor did work great when i had that setup on the car before and ran it for 4 years.But i always wanted to completely eliminate having to use a maf sensor.

I haven't had any driveabilty problems in SD mode,the car responds the same or even better as it did when i was running the standard maf translator and LT1 maf sensor.

I just had the car out tonight about an hour ago for some fun time driving and it never skipped a beat, extremely smooth and fast. That was 30 mins of enjoyment.

Mafless and will never look back. :smile:

The jumper is set once, depending on what kind of MAF you have. Then to switch back and forth is just a couple keypokes .

Bob

My mistake, I thought when you change back and forth from maf to sd, and vice-versa, that the prescaler jumper had to be changed.

no, in fact, if you have a high frequency MAF connected, you really need to have the jumper set to ON.

Bob

I've been running the MaftPro in SD mode for about 5 years now and would never ever even consider putting a maf sensor back on the car.

Though the standard maf translator and LT1 maf sensor did work great when i had that setup on the car before and ran it for 4 years.But i always wanted to completely eliminate having to use a maf sensor.

I haven't had any driveabilty problems in SD mode,the car responds the same or even better as it did when i was running the standard maf translator and LT1 maf sensor.

I just had the car out tonight about an hour ago for some fun time driving and it never skipped a beat, extremely smooth and fast. That was 30 mins of enjoyment.

You won;t get the MPG with SD compared to MAF...

Thats not strictly true, its a matter of tuning mostly.

That said, my car is smoother when I run it a little rich. So thats how I tune it and I do lose some MPG. But I tune it that way in MAF mode also.

Bob

Well, you could be right, but I've found the mAF to be easier to tune, this could be the reason for me...

You won;t get the MPG with SD compared to MAF...

MPG isn't a real concern, i only drive the car every now and then just for enjoyment and fun. :smile:

I run a th400 trans and a Pat's 9.5'' 3500 stall and around town it get's 15 MPG, while that's not great MPG, i think it's pretty good and i do run the engine a little rich.

MAF or MAP, you will be fine both ways.......:biggrin:

I just change the "airflow mode" from Translator Mode to Speed Density using the keypad on the Pro.

Bob
I have a LT1 maf siting on the shelf.. Do I need a adapter harness to hook it up?

Thanks

I had the pro on my car since 07 .. I was just getting the hang of programing it when I got layed off in 08. My car has been parked in the garage with the hopes of me not having to sell it... Now im ready to get my baby back on the road and I kind of want to get it running of the maf so I can get a decent tune on it.. Then I will switch back over to SD.. I added a bigger turbo,injectors,and a alky kit.. I just dont want to screw anything up....

Thanks

Back