You can type here any text you want

help with trans code

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

onesick85ss

i might be getting a tranny from a friend but i cant figure out what car it came out of the tag on the tailshaft has KCF stamped on it in big letters and just a production date on the bottom nothing else can anyone help me out so i know if this is worth buying

well my main concern is the valvebody i want to know if it will work in a 85 monte carlo ss with the 3.73 rear gears and ive looked all over the valve body but theres no lettering on the side of it and i just see yellow paint spots

A CQ or CZ code Valvebody & Governor would be correct for your SS-Monte but, the KC Valvebody can be made to work. The Gov will need to be changed or modified.
Lonnie @ ExtremeAutomatics, Chris @ CKPerformance, Jake @ JakesPerfromance & others on this site can help with the VB & Gov.

i got a hold of dave and hes helping me out alot !!! cant thank him enough hes been helping me since this tranny first started having problems almost 2 months ago. so again thanks for all your help dave. and thanks to everyone else on here that has given me advice. im glad i found this forum ive learned more about these trannys in the last couple of months then in the last 8 years of owning this car.

ok well im going to be getting the kc trans since im getting it for $50 to use as a starting point for a rebuild but i want to go over everything inside i dont want 1 part left untouched so pretty much all im using from the tranny is the case everything else will be changed out now i have a question which parts in these trannys are a must upgrade item when doing a rebuild. i already know about the forward drum but im not really sure on what else and i want to do all this myself ive already got a few books on how to rebuild this tranny and im going to take my sweet time doing it so i get it right the first time . so any suggestions would be great .

It will depend on your engine's power HP/TQ level as to what parts you will need. A hardened Stator Support is a must also. Dave can tell you exactly which other parts/mods you'll need.
Chris has a very complete Rebuild & HiPer Upgrade Manual for the 2004R. Link here >> www.CKPerformance.com

Back