...help!!!

John...looks like something is leaking..now to find out WHERE before you go ripping things apart....use ye ole' trusty carb cleaner...spray it around all the vac lines, and at the connections for the MAF to Throttle body pipe...also use it on that adapter at the very back of the intake.

Listen carefully for idle changes..I would hate for you to pull the turbo off the car to get to the turbo-intake adapter to only find out that it wasn't the problem!

Herb, that sounds good, but now I couldn't keep the car running long enough to use the spray...and I really don't know what is exactly back there, or what exactly I'm looking for...are there any "tear-down" manuals to show me where everything is back there?... or could you be a liltle more specific...thanks

Originally posted by John84GN
Herb, that sounds good, but now I couldn't keep the car running long enough to use the spray...and I really don't know what is exactly back there, or what exactly I'm looking for...are there any "tear-down" manuals to show me where everything is back there?... or could you be a liltle more specific...thanks
There's some pics on my site:
http://www.geocities.com/gnowner85/info.html
I'd also check and see if the throttle body might be loose. HTH

Well guy's, upon closer investigation, I don't think that the turbo is out of it's hole, but I did notice that the throttle body nuts were loose enough for me to turn w/ my fingers! Also, I got about 3 turns on all 6 bolts of the compressor housing of the turbo?!? When I took it for another drive, after tightening all these bolts, and the problem is still there. Also, when I pulled into the driveway upon my return, I also noticed a small pool of oil where the car was just parked. I'm going to bring the car to Buick, and yes, I know how expensive that's going to be!!! but if anyone is going to know that car, the manufactuters will (at least that's what I hope) Thanks for ALL the insight, and I'll keep you posted on what comes out of this. Again...THANKS!

Well, the loose throttle body explains the backfire and the MAF trouble code, you were running WAY lean!

Pool of oil....crawl under the car and see if the crossover pipe (exhaust pipe that runs under the oil pan) is covered in oil...I'm betting it is!

It's beginning to sound to me like the previous owner messed with the turbo just before you got it, and I'm thinking your oil leak is the oil drain tube wasn't all the way in the hole! If the PCV is capped, the backfire (or just plain pressure buildup!) could've pushed it out further (?)

Guys?

Wow BFH you really know your stuff :) That makes soo much sense. Question for ya, if the oil drain was completely out of alignment, how long would it take to spit all your oil out on the ground? I'm thinking pretty fast... ?

Dave

If the drain tube was completely out of the hole? Well, I've heard a *typical* oil pump moves approximately 13 gallons of oil per minute thru your engine at cruising speed (this is why running 2 quarts low is a NO-NO!)...I would think the turbo oil feed line could maybe flow a quart a minute, so yep, pretty fast!

However, the turbo oil drain isn't under pressure, so IF (for example) the top of the drain tube was half overhanging the hole, and half overhanging the grommet, MOST of the oil would probably still make it down the drain hole, but a substantial amount would make it to the ground also!

Also, if John's throttle body bolts were loose, and all 6 housing bolts were loose, what are the chances the oil drain bolts were ALSO loose? (another leak source!)