You can type here any text you want

help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Make 2 datalogs.
One with engine off/key on, pressing the gas pedal a couple times. Only needs to be 5-10 seconds.
Second log, record it with the engine running at about the time that it stalls.

Eric

Make 2 datalogs.
One with engine off/key on, pressing the gas pedal a couple times. Only needs to be 5-10 seconds.

Eric
thanks Eric I will tonight. also I did not post this last night but I unplugged the TBS and it runs with out it a lot better I may have found the problem
I am going to pin out ECM and run three new wires from TBS to Ecm. but I will record datalogs first with it hooked up as/is

Make 2 datalogs.

Eric
Eric where you able to look at the data?

No, it looks like you attached some videos, not datalogs. If you could attach the datalog files, that would be great.

can you guys look at the injectors in my car I went to the Orlando club meet Saturday night and everyone is
telling me that 36lbs injectors are blue and mine do not have any blue anywhere? is there something I am missing?

Attachments

The Lucas blue tops are 36.5 but there is a few other 36 lb injectors out there. I can't open the file to see them.

can you guys look at the injectors in my car I went to the Orlando club meet Saturday night and everyone is
telling me that 36lbs injectors are blue and mine do not have any blue anywhere? is there something I am missing?
Do they have any numbers/letters on them? Throw em into google and see what throws up.

I don't think I see anything in the tune that's causing it to stall. Those logs were rich because you are running a stock chip with bigger injectors, but that normally won't cause a stall since those are only 36's.
I'm wondering if something is failing, like fuel pressure dropping out, or ignition module getting hot, etc.

I don't think I see anything in the tune that's causing it to stall. Those logs were rich because you are running a stock chip with bigger injectors, but that normally won't cause a stall since those are only 36's.
I'm wondering if something is failing, like fuel pressure dropping out, or ignition module getting hot, etc.
I have a fuel pressure gage hooked up to it and it stays steady at 38lbs even till it stalls. I installed the new ECM with the TT chip last night and same issue
at idle O2 is reading 500s till I bring up the rpms then as it warms-up it goes into the 800s. when it starts to stall I can bring the rpms up to 1500-1800
and it will keep running no problem as soon as I let off it will die. when its cold it idles fine but when I put it into gear it stalls it also stumbles really
bad till I bring the rpms up? when I bring the rpms up to say 2500 there is no change in fuel pressure? should it be higher at higher rpms?
I will post another log with new ECM and TT chip today. thanks for your help guys I am chasing my tail here!

How old are your vacuum lines. Might be time to replace em.

If it runs when you push the pedal a little bit, then it's possible the IAC position is not what we think it is. As a test, turn the throttle stop screw in one full turn to open the throttle blade a bit more. You might need to adjust the TPS so it doesn't get too high. See it that has any effect.

You should cap off the non essential vacuum lines from the block. The ball under fender, have controls, egr just to rule out something you can't see hasn't failed. They sell the little vacuum caps at Napa you can just pop it on.

My vacuum ball for cruise control cracked and I never would have known if I didn't try that.

Do you have a vacuum/boost gauge? If so what is it reading at idle and when you drop it into gear? It just sounds like a/or several vacuum leaks. Have you sprayed down the lines to see if the idle changes to see about leaks?

Back