You can type here any text you want

help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
it does Idle good when cold? stalls when put into gear but it idles fine. after about 3-4 min. of idling it starts to mis and just stalls on its own
but if I bring the RPMS up when it starts to stall it will run and hold around 1500 RPMs. after it stalls I can start it right up and it will idle again ok
but the time between stalling get shorter and shorter. I just put a new fuel pump in today no change.

my tach gage shows max RPMs all the time could this be a issue? just grasping for straws here?

Many have an auxilary more accurate boost gauge. Some of these have a vacuum gauge in with the boost.
I'm still leaning toward a vacuum leak. Do you have a way to pull a vacuum or pressurize the lines possibly from where it attaches to the fuel pressure regulator?
Mine was doing what you describe until we put new hard plastic and rubber lines in. Possibly the rubber fittings aren't in good shape. On the pass fender there is a hard plastic line that runs over there and attaches with a rubber fitting. Are your fittings in good shape?

Thanks Tex. I have a vac. Pump I will start working my way around the car starting with fuel pressure reg.

Have you pulled the iac out and cleaned it and the passages with some carb cleaner?
I just can't see how it can easily restart if it is something else but I'm no guru.

Have you pulled the iac out and cleaned it and the passages with some carb cleaner?
I just can't see how it can easily restart if it is something else but I'm no guru.
installed new one but did not clean. checked all vac. line no issues. but he is a good one I removed ignition module and coil to check grounding
I reinstalled and is sat there and ran for 20 min. but had a misfire I checked the wire and found I swapped 2 and 4 so I changed
them and now it shuts down again? I think it could be the mod.? I could not believe it sat there and ran for 20 min.

This is were buying a ccci simulator pays in gold. Just a hunch but Im thinking your module is arching and shorting out the coil packs killing the car. Im not saying go buy new ones but try to find a local member and swap them out.

This is were buying a ccci simulator pays in gold. Just a hunch but Im thinking your module is arching and shorting out the coil packs killing the car. Im not saying go buy new ones but try to find a local member and swap them out.
Is that is what I was thinking .
My cost is only 82.00 so I already
Ordered one be here at 3:00 tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed I have been chasing this for three weeks.

well so much for that!! it did not fix the stalling issue. installed new ignition mod. and new coil pack same issue starts right up runs for 2-4 min then it
stumbles and dies this time it caught itself RPMS came up then it died
here is two data logs cold and hot?

Attachments

In that log it died when it went into closed loop. Try unplugging the oxygen sensor (which will force open loop), and see what that does.

In that log it died when it went into closed loop. Try unplugging the oxygen sensor (which will force open loop), and see what that does.
Eric it will keep running with O2
Disconnected? Any ideas why ?
The o2 is new AC delco.

Maybe something going on with the O2 wiring. I would check the grounds at the back of the passenger head. The O2 ground is in that bunch of grounds.

Maybe something going on with the O2 wiring. I would check the grounds at the back of the passenger head. The O2 ground is in that bunch of grounds.
ok I went through all the grounds. I also installed new fuel pressure valve and set it to 40psi and the car runs a lot better! I was able to take it for
a test run here is what I got. O2 looks like its dropping out and I see the is no log of IAC saved?

Attachments

Guys had to post the final out come
Of my issue just fixed it today it seem the previous owner left the caps from the stock injectors in the bore I pulled injectors and found them. The injectors I have did not come with these. It runs perfict now!! Thanks for all your help

Guys had to post the final out come
Of my issue just fixed it today it seem the previous owner left the caps from the stock injectors in the bore I pulled injectors and found them. The injectors I have did not come with these. It runs perfict now!! Thanks for all your help
Very nice ! Enjoy it , and keep learning how to work n check it . These cars are a learning curve for sure after 10 yrs still learn new things . Lol

Back