Here is everyones chance to lower gas prices...

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
It actually makes a little sense.

LOOK AT THE EXAMPLE OF SUBWAY'S FIVE DOLLAR SUBS AND HOW IT FORCED QUIZNO'S TO CHANGE THEIR PRICES. QUIZNO'S NOW HAS 5 DOLLAR SUBS. AIRLINES ARE NOW COMPETING WITH ONLINE SITES (LIKE EXPEDIA.COM) TO BEAT THEIR PRICES. YOU CAN NOW BUY CHEAPER TICKETS DIRECTLY FROM THE AIRLINES RATHER THAN GOING ONLINE.THIS STRATEGY WORKS AND WE HAVE TO COME TOGETHER TO MAKE THE CHANGE IN GAS PRICES. PLEASE RE-FORWARD THIS TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW. MY POCKETS ARE HURTING LIKE YOURS AND WE NEED A CHANGE.

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are = tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 5.00 a gallon by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one),EXXONand MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit

But to have an impact, we = need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this= makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Let’s Try Something Different.

Keep it going .

Negative,

They (Exxon/Mobile) will just sell their fuel to the other companies.

They, most likely, have thought of every scenario that the "little people could come up with" and already have a counter. That is why they are EVIL.

If this worked, it would cause extremely long lines at the remaining stations. Sorry, what's plan "B"?

If this worked, it would cause extremely long lines at the remaining stations. Sorry, what's plan "B"?

Not my plan. I just posted what was fowarded to me. But I would gladly sit in line longer if I would save me $100 a month in gas. The sad thing is if gas was $6 or $7 dollars a gallon I would still need to fill my gas tank up considering I am 50 miles round trip to work every day. What are gonna do pedal your bike to work every day?

This is the dumbest thing I've heard. Let me explain why. All Gasoline that is produced goes into a "pool". Different gas stations buy gas from that pool. Exxon additives are added before its sold to consumers as Exxon gas. So if you stop buying gas at an exxon station they'll keep refining oil and sell to other stations. You may hurt the exxon brand, but that's it. Not gone matter to them anyway because the money is in refining.

Tell OPEC to release more oil. Lower the price of crude, lower the price of gas.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard. Let me explain why. All Gasoline that is produced goes into a "pool". Different gas stations buy gas from that pool. Exxon additives are added before its sold to consumers as Exxon gas. So if you stop buying gas at an exxon station they'll keep refining oil and sell to other stations. You may hurt the exxon brand, but that's it. Not gone matter to them anyway because the money is in refining.

Tell OPEC to release more oil. Lower the price of crude, lower the price of gas.

Exxon made $41 Billion in profits last year. I would not loose any sleep if Exxon lost some money....:rolleyes:

Not my plan. I just posted what was fowarded to me. But I would gladly sit in line longer if I would save me $100 a month in gas. The sad thing is if gas was $6 or $7 dollars a gallon I would still need to fill my gas tank up considering I am 50 miles round trip to work every day. What are gonna do pedal your bike to work every day?

I work with several people who ride their bikes to work everyday much further than you drive.

They have us by the BALLS.

Gues what, if gas get's to 20.00/gal., we will be paying 20.00/gal.

he is right. This is from competition diesel. I dont know how to transfer the pic but what is said here is in the pic.

I work in the petrochemical industry primarily...and see this all the time even though when I tell people they don't believe me. People wanna believe their fuel comes from wherever they get it and nowhere else.
I can assure you that no matter where you buy it from...it all comes from the same source.
Sorry for the camera phone pic but it's all I had with me.
Here's a Flying J, Loves and a Pilot truck all waiting to load fuel from the facility I'm working in right now.....there's only 1 diesel tank in the whole place.

Its like the current housing market. In my hood, 1950s ranch 3/2 pool houses, were up to $550k-$600, but these were people trying to flip them. Once they realized people weren't going to buy them for that price, the prices dropped. Now those same houses are in the $350k-$400k range. It was the speculators that drove the prices up beyond what the market was willing to pay. Those same houses were $100k 10 years ago. My house went from $100k in '98 to $500k in '06. :eek:

Its also kinda like 2 idiots at a car auction. A $100k car gets bid up to $200k, even though its not worth that much.

The demand will have to drop or supply rise to really make a difference.

Sorry, Brett, I am not knocking you for posting it in any way, I just don't think that it will work. I don't think that any plan will work until the government steps in. One of the main ingredients this time that has never happened before is that all of the oil & fuel industry decided to stay with & follow the suggested retail price of anything oil, gasoline & / or diesel fuel related. Before there was always at least 1 prostitute service station on every block selling at a lower price than the others.Now they are all prostitutes just selling for a higher price.

What's up with the dumba$$ e-mails? Is America really this stupid? This is just like the don't buy Chinese thread.:rolleyes:

Hey here's an idea. Why not just cut down on your driving?Permanently. I cut my consumption in half just by riding the MC to work every day. Hey if demand for fuel drops than so will the price. It cost money to store oil.

Its like the current housing market. In my hood, 1950s ranch 3/2 pool houses, were up to $550k-$600, but these were people trying to flip them. Once they realized people weren't going to buy them for that price, the prices dropped. Now those same houses are in the $350k-$400k range. It was the speculators that drove the prices up beyond what the market was willing to pay. Those same houses were $100k 10 years ago. My house went from $100k in '98 to $500k in '06. :eek:

Its also kinda like 2 idiots at a car auction. A $100k car gets bid up to $200k, even though its not worth that much.

The demand will have to drop or supply rise to really make a difference.

Good explination.

How dum is america, we vote for dumasses and send them to the white to get rich and blowjobs. We have enough oil in this country just to sorry to drill for it.

This is yet another pointless tactic to make a molehill out of a mountain. The truth is simple, we actually DO want gas bad enough to pay $5+ a gallon....I wish I didn't, but I do. Before you say you don't, whats your plan when you stop when it gets to $5.00?
Also, I think its funny Casper spelled dumb wrong.... now Alanis Morisette, That's ironic! (nothing personal Casper, just making light over a typo)

wow thank god this thread didn't turn out like the boycott the chinese thread or I would have to have argued with everyone again. Like others before me have said, the only thing that could lower gas prices is an increase in supply or decrease in demand.