high HP w/t-tops?

DR.BOOSTER said:
So far it does not sound like anyone is running 10's without the cage or bushings without problems.

Sam sorry to hear of your T Top headache, I can only image adding that mess to the already leaking, windy and rusty T Top problems that already exsist.
no cage or bushings hear. 1.5 shorts off the foot brake, a little air under the l/f tire, no problems yet. going to try the trans brake in the spring. :eek:

Race Jace said:
I have a 6 point in my car, ran lots of 10s before i even had a bar with no problems.
hey jason, what kind of shorts were you getting with no bar? were you using the trans brake? i guess what im really getting at is...will my car survive?

After 20 runs around 11.1-11.2 I can see my body has developed some warping around the rear, side windows. Four "waves" by all top corners of the rear windows (You have to catch the light right on two to see it). No more T-brake launches for me untill I get a hoop at min.

A bunch of 10.0's and a couple of 9.9's with usally a 1.4 60's. There's a 6 point bar with rear seat braces. No problems here with the a or b pillers or the center T-top bracket.

Attachments

• Copy of BPG 2005-2.jpg
    Copy of BPG 2005-2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 52
  • car rollcage.jpg
    car rollcage.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 61
New discovery today.

I repaired my T-top center section last winter. The center extrusion that holds the t-tops in the car pulled away from the bottom plate that mounts to the roof of the car. The center extrusion was riveted to the bottom plate. All of the rivets pulled out and the center extrusion flew off the car and onto the track. I repaired it by using a product made by Plexus for bonding metal together. It appeared as though the only thing holding this extrusion in place were these rivets. So far this repair has been successful :D .

Currently I am installing new weather stripping into my MonteCarlo and the rivets that had failed on my Buick are not even used on my Chevy. The extrusion on this car is glued to the mounting plate with out any rivets. Similar to how I repaired my Buick.

Wonder if some one can explain this to me. Weren’t both these cars built on the same production line in Pontiac Michigan :confused:

Well, i got a 87 with t/tops with six point .Made 1 pass ;) 9.26 151 mph. :eek: :eek: No problems..........No parashute

I have an 87 t top car with no cage running 10's, but has the added bushings also. No problems except for track officials. :biggrin: