You can type here any text you want

hood insluation question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REAPER231

The Power of the Darkside!!!
hey guys is there somebody i thought out in florida that does the under hood insulation with the silk screen writing for the buicks. i know that they sell blank gm ones , and the nos ones are ridiculous at $600 plus .i thought there was a guy doing the silk screen anybody know . thanks :smile:

Thanks gnbrett,but those look horrible , id rather have a blank gm one from gbody parts.anybody else ?

I'm the guy who does the hoodliners - the decals won't stick to the original liners. It's been tried before and they don't stay on.

Reminder - the hood MUST come off for correct installation using 3M #80 spray adhesive.

I'm the guy who does the hoodliners - the decals won't stick to the original liners. It's been tried before and they don't stay on.

Reminder - the hood MUST come off for correct installation using 3M #80 spray adhesive.

Does the 3m spray hold up to the under hood temps well? And how is the liner installed exactly? You just 'glue' a little section of it down at a time after fitting?

Hi Jordan_J - yes, the 3M #80 holds up to the underhood temps. If you're running a larger or an unshielded turbo, headers that make a lot of heat, etc then I can't vouch for how the liner will hold up. It works best with stock applications.

Take a look at the images I have for my Jaguar XJ-6/XJ-8 eBay listing where I indicate how to install the liner in sections:
Jaguar XJ-6 XJ-8 Vanden Plas Hood Liner Insulation - eBay (item 190478702484 end time Dec-17-10 12:27:28 PST)

Here's my GN eBay listing:
1982-1987 Buick Grand National Hood Liner Insulation - eBay (item 190478702466 end time Dec-17-10 12:27:23 PST)

Full instructions come with the liner.

Gonna have to ask you to stop adverting Gonzo. I understand that you have a nice product but you're not a vendor so it's a no no. Sorry.

Not a problem, sorry about that!

Can you PM me or e-mail me info about the costs involved in becoming a vendor? Be nice, I'm not one of the "big guys"!

Thanks!

Not a problem, sorry about that!

Can you PM me or e-mail me info about the costs involved in becoming a vendor? Be nice, I'm not one of the "big guys"!

Thanks!

WOW! That would be great Gonzo. Send a PM to SGRIM (Shane) the owner of the board and he can give you all the details. We do have "small" guys on here as well so you're very welcome.:cool:

Back