hood insluation question

REAPER231

The Power of the Darkside!!!
hey guys is there somebody i thought out in florida that does the under hood insulation with the silk screen writing for the buicks. i know that they sell blank gm ones , and the nos ones are ridiculous at $600 plus .i thought there was a guy doing the silk screen anybody know . thanks :smile:

Thanks gnbrett,but those look horrible , id rather have a blank gm one from gbody parts.anybody else ?

I'm the guy who does the hoodliners - the decals won't stick to the original liners. It's been tried before and they don't stay on.

Reminder - the hood MUST come off for correct installation using 3M #80 spray adhesive.

I'm the guy who does the hoodliners - the decals won't stick to the original liners. It's been tried before and they don't stay on.

Reminder - the hood MUST come off for correct installation using 3M #80 spray adhesive.

Does the 3m spray hold up to the under hood temps well? And how is the liner installed exactly? You just 'glue' a little section of it down at a time after fitting?

Hi Jordan_J - yes, the 3M #80 holds up to the underhood temps. If you're running a larger or an unshielded turbo, headers that make a lot of heat, etc then I can't vouch for how the liner will hold up. It works best with stock applications.

Take a look at the images I have for my Jaguar XJ-6/XJ-8 eBay listing where I indicate how to install the liner in sections:
Jaguar XJ-6 XJ-8 Vanden Plas Hood Liner Insulation - eBay (item 190478702484 end time Dec-17-10 12:27:28 PST)

Here's my GN eBay listing:
1982-1987 Buick Grand National Hood Liner Insulation - eBay (item 190478702466 end time Dec-17-10 12:27:23 PST)

Full instructions come with the liner.

Gonna have to ask you to stop adverting Gonzo. I understand that you have a nice product but you're not a vendor so it's a no no. Sorry.

Not a problem, sorry about that!

Can you PM me or e-mail me info about the costs involved in becoming a vendor? Be nice, I'm not one of the "big guys"!

Thanks!

Not a problem, sorry about that!

Can you PM me or e-mail me info about the costs involved in becoming a vendor? Be nice, I'm not one of the "big guys"!

Thanks!

WOW! That would be great Gonzo. Send a PM to SGRIM (Shane) the owner of the board and he can give you all the details. We do have "small" guys on here as well so you're very welcome.:cool: