Hood Insulator

Anyone know where to get this Hood insulator. Thanks In advance. Hood insulator.jpg

I just bought rims off a member who has the same liner. He may be able to tell you. His user name is dlafont.
Good Luck!

carmotorsports.com sells very similar hood insulators. Can't say for sure that that is one of theirs but looks close. You might want to check out that source. Theirs run about $250.

Dean

carmotorsports.com sells very similar hood insulators. Can't say for sure that that is one of theirs but looks close. You might want to check out that source. Theirs run about $250.

Dean

Thanks alot:D I'll try them if not I'll take billygegs suggestion.

Custom hood liner

I had this liner material made and then mounted to board myself. Custom embroidered with same logo i designed that is on the fenders/trunk of my car also . The colors also match my pinstripes. Trunk carpet is done to match!

Attachments

• hood liner and trunk kit 002.jpg
    hood liner and trunk kit 002.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 456
  • hood liner and trunk kit 004.jpg
    hood liner and trunk kit 004.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 472
  • hood liner and trunk kit 014.jpg
    hood liner and trunk kit 014.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 475
  • hood liner and trunk kit 015.jpg
    hood liner and trunk kit 015.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 463
Thanks supercrackerbox - I can definitely make a liner for your Charger.

usetaboost - They don't deflect heat, they absorb and dissipate it. It won't be reflected back towards your intake. My aircraft firewall material is made for the aerospace industry and works phenomenally well for cars. All the info is in my blog page, the text is at the bottom and the pictures enlarge when you click them. My liners don't soak up and underhood fluids or lubricants and if they ever ger dirty they can be wiped clean with a rag moistened with Windex or water.

Liners are $85, 3 silver decals (BUICK/TURBOCHARGED/POWER 6) are $35 and Priority Mail shipping is $13 in the USA, $23 to Canada. The decals won't adhere to the original liner though because of the fiberglass material the stock liner is made of.

Car engineers around the world put them there for a reason - many car brands around the world use that same pressed fiberglass material that eventually fails. Primarily for heat and sound insulation. That whole "smother a fire" explanation is a MYTH.