Hooker Competition Headers - Opinions?

Hedge

I'm looking at buying the Hooker Super Competition Ceramic Coated Headers. Does anybody have these or know of anybody using a set that has an opinion on them either way? I am using a complete stock setup with a cracked driver side header so I am loosing boost due to exhaust leaks. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking at buying the Hooker Super Competition Ceramic Coated Headers. Does anybody have these or know of anybody using a set that has an opinion on them either way? I am using a complete stock setup with a cracked driver side header so I am loosing boost due to exhaust leaks. Thanks in advance.

You will have similar performance to your stock cracked header.
These units have too much piping and it kills the exhaust velocity.

i would spend the money once and do it righ the first time. Get a set of Ta performance headers from nick micale at arizonagn.com they are alittle pricey but worth the money.

Does Hooker actually still make these or are the same pairs no one wants trading hands over and over and over? :confused: :tongue:

People used to say don't buy them unless you are running 10's or better, but if you're running 10's or better now then you already know better.

i had them on my old car and i couldn't tell the deference between stock and the hookers.
then again the ran like ship all the time.

i still have them.

Stick with the stock headers. Ran 10.7@124 mph with stock headers. At that time I installed a friends stainless ATR headers and ran no faster in et or mph . Put your money elsewhere, alky, turbo, intercooler.

Felt like I picked up 50HP when I took off the Hookers that came with my car and replaced them with TA headers. It took about a day and a half to spool my turbo with that junk on there.

The long in short...They kill spool and are not worth the install hassle and money.

If you are upgrading then TA's are the best currently IMO

My dad had a brand new set of these back in 93 when he went 10.1 @ 133mph. I had a set on my car back in 94 when I ran 10.60 @ 127mph. We both screwed ours up by adding the 2 wastegate on the bottom cross over pipe which cracked like no tomorrow due to the weight of the deltagate. But never had any spool up issues or anything else negitive to say about the Hooker headers. I also like the unique sound it adds to the exhaust note. Just my 2 cents.

My dad had a brand new set of these back in 93 when he went 10.1 @ 133mph. I had a set on my car back in 94 when I ran 10.60 @ 127mph. We both screwed ours up by adding the 2 wastegate on the bottom cross over pipe which cracked like no tomorrow due to the weight of the deltagate. But never had any spool up issues or anything else negitive to say about the Hooker headers. I also like the unique sound it adds to the exhaust note. Just my 2 cents.

I have to agree on the sound, sounds like a formula 1 car. As far as performance, I saw no loss, but at the same time, no gain either.

The ones we sell work pretty good. Kenne Bell design. Running them on my own GN along with one of the external wastegate down pipes we sell. These will NOT work with a THDP. HEADERS STAINLESS STEEL

I just installed these on my GN today. Top quality clamps & gaskets, the bends are right on the money, and they went on smooth as silk. I'm very satisfied!