You can type here any text you want

Hoosier Drag radial size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Capture.PNG
I'm going to go with the 275 /60/15.
425 bux from summit with $ 19 handling charge shipped

good price ?Any better deals out there?

Check Mccormack racing. Sometimes you can find coupons for them online too

Just checked. Pretty sure Mccormack has no handling charge. $420 shipped.

Attachments

• 1414170526101.jpg
    1414170526101.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 146
I have a 2nd set of wheels, and I run a 295/55 on those. They are 15 x 9 with 4.5 BS and the clearance between the tire and frame is very close, like 3/8 - 7/16 ish. An 8 inch rim would pull 'em right into the frame.

I've seen quite a few of our cars at shows rocking the 275/50. For looks, I kinda like the shorter profile. It's sort of a personal taste thing really, until you get going fast at the track, then it becomes an RPM vs trap speed issue.

No sidewall height issues with the 275/60. So far I love the Nittos. They hook great at the track and the tread seems to be lasting longer than the Mickey's. I found the Mickey's hook a bit better on the street compared to the Nittos, but the Nittos last longer and are better in the rain by far.

What was your best 60 with the Nittos and what pressure do you run them at on the track?

IMG_0832.JPG
hoosier_racing_dot_radial.jpg
Here is a better look at the tread, these probably wont last long, I'm , looking to rip some good ETs at the track before they toss me out for no cage......figure the 116 is good enuff for some fun, found the limits of 110 pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Some 116 should be fun. 30 psi should be achievable. Yeah, with my old engine I ran some 110 and I could get 25 psi and 24 degrees timing, but not much more than that. Let us know how you do at the track!

No problem! Going to try and make it out there next Friday if the tires show up.

Since you guys hit the track a lot...... do you guys have a recommendation for a fire jacket? I understand that use of an aftermarket turbo requires a jacket?

Again I appreciate the help!

No problem! Going to try and make it out there next Friday if the tires show up.

Since you guys hit the track a lot...... do you guys have a recommendation for a fire jacket? I understand that use of an aftermarket turbo requires a jacket?

Again I appreciate the help!
I think all safety equipment is based on how fast the car is. They won't know if the Turbo is after market. If you're faster than 13.99 you need a helmet, and faster than 11.50 you need a roll cage.

Tires work great on the street, huge traction improvement. Didn't get on it too much, I still have a brand new rear end to break in, should be ready for the track this Friday.
IMG_0856.JPG

Love the Hoosiers... Worked better for me then et streets ever did... Pulled the front tires off the ground, on the street when the were brand new... They don't last long but they do hook! 275/60-15 for me..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Do you guys roll thru the waterbox at the drag strip or go around it with these tires?

Do you guys roll thru the waterbox at the drag strip or go around it with these tires?
I always drive around it, then back in. I do a pretty decent burnout. Had the air pressure around 16-18 psi. If you do about 5-6 passes you can definitely kill these tires in one track day.

Thats a pretty high rate of wear...... the 20 mile drive to the track may kill em;)......I thought these might last longer than that

Back