You can type here any text you want

Hoosier Drag radial size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
We get 6 two day drag meetings out of a set or 26x9x15 dot drag hoosiers doing big warm-up skids before we buy new ones

Sent from my LT26w using Tapatalk

We get 6 two day drag meetings out of a set or 26x9x15 dot drag hoosiers doing big warm-up skids before we buy new ones

Definitely not how long mine lasted. I had 4 passes at the track, and maybe 100-200 miles on the street.

Road miles will kill them from heat they are too soft for high speeds over long periods of time not something ide drive on the open road at 60mph for very long.we run them at 12psi on the strip for full traction they wouldn't like the street at that pressure and higher on the street would wear them quick from loss of traction.

My 275/50 hoosier drag radials lasted exactly 12 Saturdays from street driving with one saturday at 32 psi, and the rest at 22. NOT a lot of spinning whatsoever either. Most mph's were under 50. I think these tires are too soft for ANY sort of driving. I think they went too far personally lol.

Juat went out to finish breaking in the gears in the new rear end

Made a couple 21 psi hits from a 5 mph roll with the new Hoosiers on concrete
Instant traction! Also if you guys switch from poly bushings to spherical joints on the rear control arms ..... Get ready for a firm ride.

I'm impressed I can actually feel what
the chassis is doing now . Track night is friday

Last edited:
Track update made 3 passes

Here are the slips

Will post vids next

Also I got an added bonus of having a mattress fly out of a pickup on the way to the track and take out my antenna and tweak my passenger mirror

Minor but moved on

1st pass in 20 years with this car...... learning curve.....24 psi....116 oct 18 psi in tires some added timing 0 knock
IMG_0882.JPG

2nd pass....15 psi in tires, more timing.....still learning how to get the car to leave left with car in 2nd....had to manually ban g 3rd....note mph decrease
IMG_0883.JPG

last pass better burn out car pulled hard.......lifted before traps( no cage) note mph decrease and 2 tenths quicker
26psi...everything else the same air temp was a lot cooler

IMG_0884.JPG

Will get vids up tomorrow....tires worked great car hooked hard. Just need a little more seat time and a cage now I guess.

Saw a board member out there watching....( bring your car out next time) I was the only TB... think I represented well.

only one I up loaded so far... just a quick tire clean out of the water box

Last edited:
videos

you will really see in these vids my lack f driving skill at the launch....the 1st pass might have been at 0 psi....there was probably a 10 second run in the car that night

1st pass

2nd pass.... you can see me push thru the lights....didn't want to waste the run so I just went .....and I made that pass with the car in 2nd thinking it was in drive ...lost some et on both

Will get my last vid up as soon as my buddy gets it on you tube.....the last pass I start getting things right on the start line and see a big improvement..
track prep was good ..heating the hoosiers a little more seemed to help

Which side of the timeslip is you? How new is your tru-trac? Have you checked the break away torque of your old posi vs. this one for comparison's sake? And you're not locking your converter are you? What do you have in terms of rear springs, and sway bar ? What's your AFR thru the traps? And what brake setup are you running.

Ok I see the trend now... You lifted on the last pass. Afraid of the track tossing you?

Last edited:
yes I got warned in the tech lane 11.50 was it.... tech guys were cool , they looked the car over pretty hard and asked a lot of questions...made me a

little nervous if they were going to let me run ...didn't want to get tossed .

Liking the tru track feels great on the street with no noise. I have no real comparison data to the auburn unit I took out.

Not locking conv...thought about it but decided not needed.
rear springs...belltech 2" drop
rear sway.. DSE from GNS
Brakes are maunual4 wheel disc with gm metric calipers and braided lines. I got
them to work much better on my last pass by pumping once then staging. I'll get that video up soon.

yes I got warned in the tech lane 11.50 was it.... tech guys were cool , they looked the car over pretty hard and asked a lot of questions...made me a

little nervous if they were going to let me run ...didn't want to get tossed .

Liking the tru track feels great on the street with no noise. I have no real comparison data to the auburn unit I took out.

Not locking conv...thought about it but decided not needed.
rear springs...belltech 2" drop
rear sway.. DSE from GNS
Brakes are maunual4 wheel disc with gm metric calipers and braided lines. I got
them to work much better on my last pass by pumping once then staging. I'll get that video up soon.

?? You DROPPED your rear, AND ran 28" tall tires??? How did that work?? You're going in the opposite direction. I had cargo coils with 2 air bags, and could BARELY clear 28" tires. Weird lol. And how are you driving thru a brake upgrade? What happened? And don't lock your converter. Just got off the phone with them, and they said don't do that, it won't live very long at all.

I read that the 9" rear-end swap would raise the rear roughly an inch .....sure enough it actually raised the car .75" so the tires fit nicely.

As for the brakes... I think I have more bleeding to do....once they were pumped up they held pretty good on the last pass

Thx for the info on not locking...I remember there is limited amount of runs they will survive.

Sweet. No problem. How are those lowering springs? Are they stiff? Do you have the rates on them? And watch out heatin those tires up. They're as soft as they come, period. I called Hoosier and they said, and I quote, "Most of the time our tire's short life expectancy is from the burn out box". He said they don't need it. I called because I was wondering why I only got 12 days out of mine lol.

Back