You can type here any text you want

Hoosier Drag radial size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
the entire rear is stiff...before the DSE bar and spherical joint s on the control arms it rode ok with the springs..... not sure of the rates , they were just off the shelf belltech 2" drop springs for g body from jegs.

I need to get that last video up so you can see how well the chassis looks leaving under more boost

I see that bar. It's the typical bolt in style rear bar. It's a good piece, but I wonder about those springs being too stiff. You should be ok though, as it should help maintaining some clearance for a hard launch, so you don't smack your frame with the tires. Do you run airbags at all? And you should ask, if you can, about putting someone with a video camera behind you, all the way back out of the way, to film your rear on the launch.

The sway bar is actually clamped to the axle like the HR bar is and uses swivel joints...has 2 mount point for firmness... I have mine set for firmest. The car was actually very loose and wallowy until I put that bar on

yes I got warned in the tech lane 11.50 was it.... tech guys were cool , they looked the car over pretty hard and asked a lot of questions...made me a

little nervous if they were going to let me run ...didn't want to get tossed .

Liking the tru track feels great on the street with no noise. I have no real comparison data to the auburn unit I took out.

Not locking conv...thought about it but decided not needed.
rear springs...belltech 2" drop
rear sway.. DSE from GNS
Brakes are maunual4 wheel disc with gm metric calipers and braided lines. I got
them to work much better on my last pass by pumping once then staging. I'll get that video up soon.
I get that alot but I just tell them it runs 12.0 and run no time.... I've gotten away with MANY passes way south of my safety equipments requirements that way.... Lol

haha
Im not sure how strict they are at this track, but being I haven't had the car to the track in 20 years....I'll call myself a rookie for a couple trips out there, then strt seeing what I can get away with :)

If you run a "no et" option, then.....how do you know how fast you're going? The entire point of doing it all is to see if your changes reduce your times, right?

If you run a "no et" option, then.....how do you know how fast you're going? The entire point of doing it all is to see if your changes reduce your times, right?
They still give you a time slip... It just doesn't show on the board... Less questions asked that way....

OH man! That's a great option lol. Why doesn't EVERYONE do that then?? Then noone would need a silly roll cage or 39 point harness. There's got to be some review of that stuff, or everyone would be doing it lol. It is a good idea though. I like it.

Some tracks check... Some don't.... I got checked at Cecil after 3 passes.... My local track doesn't look twice...

I'm smart enough to know better but stupid enough to not give a sh!t... Lol...

here is my 11.52 run
Big Chris got it posted
thx Big Chris

Last edited:
Here are a couple pics of rear drivers side tireafter sitting for 3 months under full weight of car

It got a flat spot went out of round and cut itself on the fender lip did this In a couple blocks

From now on I will take these off or put the car on jacks
Lesson learned
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here are a couple pics of rear drivers side tireafter sitting for 3 months under full weight of car
the sidewall is weaker which is why its a lot lighter than the mt.I have had seen this too,you will feel it driving the car as well.

Back