You can type here any text you want

Hot air transplant help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blacknight80

hi guys,

I'm a before black guy and I came across a complete hot air setup for a reasonable price. The guy is including everything that I need to convert from a carb turbo. Will my factory dash harness wire up correctly to the hot air engine harness. I am worried mostly about the aldl and ses light (Ecm driver) mating. I searched for a NA conversion on the forum but couldn't find anything. I can't find many differences other than the aldl when comparing my dash harness to a hot airs so I was hoping some would share their expertise. Don't let the before black guys know I'm over here hahaha.

Thanks,

Last edited:
You'll need the entire harness and dash parts, not to mention the fuel lines and fuel pump, and possibly the gas tank.

Dang Charlie found me. lol. What do you mean by dash parts? I will have the lines, tank and pump. I was just worried about the aldl. Does any one have the wiring schematic for the dash that I can compare to mine? I found a guy on the web that made a hot air setup work in a vega without the dash harness and I couldn't figure out how. Is there a ecm driver like the earlier carbed cars to make the ses light function or does it run off of the ecm alone?

The wiring for the dash insert is different so you need the dash wiring as well as the speedo and all associated parts.

Back