You can type here any text you want

how big of a PITA is it to replace brake and fuel lines, front to rear?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOTIMMER

Just wondering if it can be done without removing body bolts. The car is rusty, so I don't want to break body bolts getting it apart. If it's too much trouble, it'll probably be a parts car.

Just wondering if it can be done without removing body bolts. The car is rusty, so I don't want to break body bolts getting it apart. If it's too much trouble, it'll probably be a parts car.
If you do it on your back, it's a major pain in the ass. A lift makes it better. I had to construct complete new brake lines from scratch.....on my back, in the cold, and mostly in the dark. Suicide was considered on a number of occasions. I don't think you need to remove body bolts.

To replace the feed line on the drivers side the body has to come up. And it makes it a lot easier on the passenger side.

Well, I guess I'll try loosening a couple of body bolts and hope they come out without breaking. Just got it up I jackstands a little while ago. I'll post my progress if I get anywhere.

For the fuel lines, why not use hard line to AN adapters where it's easy to make a cut (somewhere close to the rail and regulator) and go with braided all the way to the fuel tank? The brake lines are going to be a pain no matter what you do. But no one said they have to go exactly where they are.

For the fuel lines, why not use hard line to AN adapters where it's easy to make a cut (somewhere close to the rail and regulator) and go with braided all the way to the fuel tank? The brake lines are going to be a pain no matter what you do. But no one said they have to go exactly where they are.
I think that's the plan. For the brake lines, I'm just gonna buy that roll of steel line and make em. It's either that, or sell it as a parts car whole. The first body bolt already started spinning the cage nut, so raising the body is not an option.

I replaced my rear brake line from the prop valve to the rear hose with two pieces of pre-made lines from NAPA. I used a brass connector in the middle and it was easy. You can sneak it in there using two pieces. The fronts are probably a different story.

The fuel feed line is literally impossible without a lift.
But a piece of cake with a lift.

The irony of the whole thing is that I have a decent complete set of original brake, fuel, and return lines from my wh1.

i'm waiting for my pre-bent metal driver side fuel feed line to come in, am I going to have to lift the body of the car? i hope not. What do I have to do to lift the body if I have to?

Back