You can type here any text you want

How I found a PEVR

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dmarx

Several have asked how I found the PEVR, Ok, we all pass on our lucky chances, so here is mine. search for "cars-parts". This will put you into the recycler's across the country. Follow the headings and you will find a half dozen 231 engines and manifolds.
Dan

Several have asked how I found the PEVR, Ok, we all pass on our lucky chances, so here is mine. search for "cars-parts". This will put you into the recycler's across the country. Follow the headings and you will find a half dozen 231 engines and manifolds.
Dan

can you find one for me or buy another and sell it to me. I have tried and I cant find one anywhere. Your help is deeply appreciated .

Please keep the searches up Dan. Your got lucky and maybe you can hook a few of us up with one.

Please keep the searches up Dan. Your got lucky and maybe you can hook a few of us up with one.

what we really need is for you to get the parts and make a mechanical one. i am almost tempted to get the parts for you charlie.:tongue:

what we really need is for you to get the parts and make a mechanical one. i am almost tempted to get the parts for you charlie.:tongue:

I sent some of the info to Peter but I'n not ready for it yet so I haven't gotten to it yet. Sorry.:redface: I've got to get the car put back together enough to need an engine first.:eek::tongue:

I sent some of the info to Peter but I'n not ready for it yet so I haven't gotten to it yet. Sorry.:redface: I've got to get the car put back together enough to need an engine first.:eek::tongue:

by the looks of it soon you will have all the rust fixed. putting a motor in looks like its right around the corner.

Huh, you cant link serch results. Well, go to car-part.com and you can fill in the search criteria yourself. :biggrin:

whats a pevr ?

A highly technical electrical device that makes the B4B cars fast, like a flux-capacitor.

I wish!

Its an annoying valve that controls the power valve. Have to control the power valve somehow, vacuume is differant post turbo than pre turbo, and you cant put it directly to the intake because it would blow the metering rods out.

Its basically a complicated check valve.

If I find one. I was going to buy the top end off that 79 sport coupe eventually, and I hope it has a good PEVR.

Ive got a vacuume switch and a electric switch that switches on at like 3 inches of vacuume so I got the stuff to make an electric PEVR but I havnt got around to it yet.

Was just going to hook up a line going to the intake from the power valve port and put the vacuume swith inbetween. When the sensor picks up 3 inches it shuts the valve. It doesnt matter if it runs full ritch at 3 inches and up IMO.

Only thing thats stopped me is when I rebuilt my carb I adjusted the power valve and never completly adjusted it right. I hooked the power valve up to the plenum when I put it back on. It idled but wouldnt pick up speed at all. Ran out of fuel. If I eased onto it it would sputter and die. If id smash it it would run good for half a second, then die. Disconnected the line and it ran fine. Mine runs without a PEVR all the time. Havnt had any issues. Should pick up some MPG though.

If I find one. I was going to buy the top end off that 79 sport coupe eventually, and I hope it has a good PEVR.

Ive got a vacuume switch and a electric switch that switches on at like 3 inches of vacuume so I got the stuff to make an electric PEVR but I havnt got around to it yet.

Was just going to hook up a line going to the intake from the power valve port and put the vacuume swith inbetween. When the sensor picks up 3 inches it shuts the valve. It doesnt matter if it runs full ritch at 3 inches and up IMO.

Only thing thats stopped me is when I rebuilt my carb I adjusted the power valve and never completly adjusted it right. I hooked the power valve up to the plenum when I put it back on. It idled but wouldnt pick up speed at all. Ran out of fuel. If I eased onto it it would sputter and die. If id smash it it would run good for half a second, then die. Disconnected the line and it ran fine. Mine runs without a PEVR all the time. Havnt had any issues. Should pick up some MPG though.

where/what car did you get the switch from?

The switch is from mcmaster-carr and the trigger is from somewhere else. Cant remember. I could look for you.

Ill find the stuff. I know where the switch is but I dont know where the trigger is. Ill get you the part numbers.

The trigger should just be a Hobbs switch that you can adjust to 3PSI. Not very hard to find if you do a search for hobbs switch.

Back