You can type here any text you want

How many of you want to see probably the best buy in the land!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I too think this is the old ATR car. Front and rear suspension makes me think it is their old car. (Rack and pinion steering and a rear 4 link suspension.) I remember the car weighed at or under 3000#. It did run at the track. It could be an IRS seized vehicle? Engine alone is worth more than 15K. My 02$. Gene

If it was a little closer I would be tempted to take a chance on it for $15k but it would be a chance. The problem with this sort of auction is that you can't start it or drive it and know that everything is ok. The motor may or may not be good. Its common to run straight water in race cars and depending on how it was stored it could have a cracked block due to freezing or parts could be missing or the shortblock could be wasted. It could be a bargain or you could go in the hole trying to get it back together, but I think it would be exciting to find out.

did anyone save the picture I would like to se it and missed this
Thanks,
Mike
Mike, check out the first post as it has the listing web site. Gene PS. Looking to get back into TRs. Over Computer New Cars are much harder to tune. Sold my SRT8 Jeep.

I’m a late arrival to this thread; so I also missed the auction. If someone has a picture; I’d love to see it also.

I’ve also see people go crazy at auctions only to find out they paid double or more than what something was worth. That’s why sellers are willing to pay the atrocious sellers premiums that the auction houses charge.

One thing to remember when buying something like a car at auction is that while the seller may own, possess, and have the right to sell something; it doesn’t mean they have title to it (and they usually don’t disclose that before the auction). This could be a problem come registration time dependant on the laws of your state. I wouldn’t count on the IRS being real helpful when you ask for additional paperwork that your state wants.

Like they say; just be glad you don’t get all the government you pay for.

That could be the old ATR car but I have some doubts. It may be a local car from Detroit. I wish I could see the inside and engine then i would know for sure. I wish I could have had a shot at it though.
Mike

ATRCAR003-1.jpg

grand_national12-m.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Based on that I am fairly confident that is the smae car. The turbos are different in the new pic, but Phil had switched from the stockers to some Mitsu TDO7 units and HKS gates later on. You can see the gates in the new pic and the suspension is very close. I wonder if the person who bought this knows what is is? Even though it never really ran well it is a piece of TB history for sure. Now I am really mad I did not see this until after the auction since it was right in my back yard.
Mike

This car did not recieve any bids, I bet you could call one of those numbers in the GSA auction website and they could tell you more. I watched it till the end and nobody submitted bids.

I was at the auction and as far as I know the car did sell for $21,000 it was steal! Some Youngish black gentelmen purchased the car in cash. Im sure well see it at Milan soon :) And on the street as they guy is a known Street Drag racer around the area. Clay and 75 and MOunt Elliete are 2 places I have seen him.
He already has a Said to be low 10 Sec. GN and some other cars he runs :eek:

Dont ask me where the Funds come from I dont know nor do I want to lol:confused:

If it is the guy I am thinking of the chances of seeing at the track are pretty small, the chances of seeing on the street are worth betting on :)
Mike

If it is the guy I am thinking of the chances of seeing at the track are pretty small, the chances of seeing on the street are worth betting on :)
Mike

Ya just have to go to the right PRIVATE Track Days Mike :)
He runs with the ride or Die guys they hang with the Mowtown Muscle guys Next time I know of a track day Ill let ya know about it :) Pretty Ruff crowd but man you cant get some pass's in and no Times are posted. But If you know what the car next to them runs you get an idea as to what they run :)
You know a lot of people just ask around.
My buddy Bruno is in the loop of all the racing we have already been out watching this year :)

Back