How much boost for the street?

Wastegate springs are just the lowest it can go. I run a 5# spring and turn it up from there on my boost controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chip is 25 psi at 21/23 timing. Alky pump is new. I'm going to install the 24 lb spring combo in the wastegate and see how things pan out. I got the 60lb flowmatched injectors from Eric with the chip combo. Walbro 340 in the tank.
Keep an eye on fuel pressure

Do you have a wideband air fuel ratio gauge? If not get one ASAP.
Its more important than your boost gauge. You can lean a car out at any boost level.
You have already beat one or more rod bearings up since you detonated it enough to blow a head gasket. Its time to take more caution in tuning.
Don't use a tickle the knock gauge tuning technique. That's for very experienced guys that don't mind replacing head gaskets.
How much boost for the street. As much as you can supply traction for. 25 psi, peddling, and tire smoke leaves the Chevy, Fords, and Dodges out front.

Boost is nothing more than a number. Whatever your suspension can hold on the street is where you "CAN" be if your tune is on. I have run 30psi on my car with pump gas and alky before on the street, but turned it down to 24psi because traction was useless. I do have a couple more psi on the scrambler button if I meet my maker on the street....lol

Every ones knowledge/information is accurate.

Love turbo tweak chips

Timing settings are right on.
Some like to adjust low gear timing.
But leave high gear timing alone

My experience with turbo tweak chip
I adjusted low gear timing a little

I found high gear timing was perfect

I added fuel and
Car runs great.

Boost in my chip is for between 16-18
I started at 14 and slowly went up,adding fuel at the same time but leaving the timing alone .
I ended with 17.
I had actually made it to 19 but I use a RJC race plate. I only did that to see where MY limit was.

You should always check the tune.
Don’t just install, start turning up boost and expect all to be good.

If I didn’t check my car it would be dangerously lean.

Update. So I've been playing around with different spring rates. The 24 PSI spring combo in reality is around 30 PSI. Very fun indeed but really useless with Goodrich G Force sports. I wound up installing the 16 LB combo and it runs a rock steady 24 PSI. Very happy with this combo. Increased the alky output a tad and the car feels much different from 20 to 24 PSI. Thanks for all the input. (y)

Do you have a power logger or scanmaster? My stock long block motor made 500hp with all the normal bolt on stuff. Alky. Fmic. 6.1tt chip. 60# inj. Turbonetics 6165bb turbo.

With factory chip settings it would run 11.50 1/4 mi. I tuned it to a best of 11.17 @ 28lbs Boost. At 30lbs the car would run slower. So I feel the turbo was all in @ 28psi.

You need to be able to tune your combo to get the most out of it. I would think the ta49 is probably all in on your combo by 26-28lbs. You need to watch the afr and add fuel as you add boost 10.8-11.2 is considered safe if everything else is up to par. The way I tune alky is to start with the base settings. Add boost and fuel until I’m running max boost with safe afr. Then subtract fuel and add alky until I have replaced approximately 25% of the fuel with alky. Avoiding all KR. during the tuning.

Do you have a power logger or scanmaster? My stock long block motor made 500hp with all the normal bolt on stuff. Alky. Fmic. 6.1tt chip. 60# inj. Turbonetics 6165bb turbo.

With factory chip settings it would run 11.50 1/4 mi. I tuned it to a best of 11.17 @ 28lbs Boost. At 30lbs the car would run slower. So I feel the turbo was all in @ 28psi.

You need to be able to tune your combo to get the most out of it. I would think the ta49 is probably all in on your combo by 26-28lbs. You need to watch the afr and add fuel as you add boost 10.8-11.2 is considered safe if everything else is up to par. The way I tune alky is to start with the base settings. Add boost and fuel until I’m running max boost with safe afr. Then subtract fuel and add alky until I have replaced approximately 25% of the fuel with alky. Avoiding all KR. during the tuning.

Dangerous tuning method