How much have you guys spent

gmpower

Just curious to see how much you guys have spent on your TR's including maintenance, restoration, upgrades, and the price of the car. These cars are bottomless moneypits!:p

What is a TR? i know thats a stupid question but im new around here, i have spent a lot on my cutlass, dont have any idea how much, hell any fast car is a money pit though

What is a TR?

Turbo Regal. ;)

Anyways, as for the question at hand, I don't want to think about it! :eek: If I try to come up with a ball-park estimate of what I've spent, I'll immediately start thinking about the more responsible ways I could have spent that money. :p

In my defense I will say I don't spend money on much else. Don't bother with expensive clothes, don't pay $9 to see movies in the theater these days, don't go out to eat too often, etc.

I spend a lot on my car but it's the one real "luxury" I allow myself to have.

lol yes they are. I will go ahead and be the first to answer you though. To date I bought the car for 6500 about 3 years back. I have about 17,000 in it now counting the purchace price. Daniel Ray

im right around 30,000. that doesnt include gas,oil changes nuts bolts and other small items.

I bought the car for around 8k....I think I have somewhere around 15k in it with the purchasing price....rough guess

im not scared to say i have around 30,000 in it and its still a hotair car. i love turbo buicks and i will keep putting money into it. i have owned the car since i was 13. i bought it with my own money and i love the car way to much.

I'm thinking about $35k or so on mine including the original car purchase, but that includes $18K for the car and about an additional $17K or so for labor & parts installed, with quite a bit of extra parts hidden around the house. One of these days I have to make a list, but that would have to be after a few stiff single malt scotches, and I am not too sure that I can afford any good Simgle Malt scotch anymore. It is a pretty nice somewhat modified 22K mile car though.

I was feeling good today...

until I read this thread and started crunching numbers in my head....I got depressed when I realized I was going to go way over 20K. Im sure the car isnt worth 15 on the market. But I like it and thats all that really matters.

I just purchased an 86' GN last month and have been compliling a "wishlist" since day one.

Let the games begin!

1st on the list........ new powermaster.

One cardinal rule I have is to never tally my receipts on any of my cars or bikes. 30 years in this hobby and just won't do that! Just think that the enjoyment they give you is priceless!!

I lost count years ago at the 25 something grand mark but it's too hard to figure out with the NOS stash and the sold parts and..........

I have 4 of em.........

and easily past 100k last year, and still going, BIG TIME!
wife has no idea, so its probably closer to 150k !!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

its only money !

I would guess between 20-25k. I would also guess that's a little low:biggrin: and the car still needs paint!:eek:

I have two now and so far just the purchase price of 32,000 for both. But the second one is going to be my new street strip car. My estimate for the upgrades are at around 10,000 and I already have the motor and tranny.:eek:

Oh well I love building cars and it keeps me out of trouble, sota.;)

about 38 to 40K in mine, including the price of the car (and also 2 other motors before this one).. so it's really not that bad.. RIGHT lol..