How to drain fuel?

frank700

Hi, I have the engine and wiring harness out of my 86 GN. I would like to get the fuel out of the tank. There is a hot wired 340 in the tank. What would be the best way to drain the fuel? Thanks, Frank

Hi, I have the engine and wiring harness out of my 86 GN. I would like to get the fuel out of the tank. There is a hot wired 340 in the tank. What would be the best way to drain the fuel? Thanks, Frank

I would remove the fuel line at the filter (rear fitting). slip and hose on and clamp it. Run other end into a can. find the black fuel pump hotwire connector (black) and put 12 volts to it.

Mitch

At the drivers side fuel rail, screw a long line fuel psi gauge on. Unscrew the gauge and you have a nice long fuel line. With a jumper wire connect the grey wire to the back side of the alternator using alligator clips. That wire will energize the fuel pump and drain your pump gas. The wire is by it's self next to the A/C dangling next to the green tach lead. Becarfull there's a lot of psi there.

At the drivers side fuel rail, screw a long line fuel psi gauge on. Unscrew the gauge and you have a nice long fuel line. With a jumper wire connect the grey wire to the back side of the alternator using alligator clips. That wire will energize the fuel pump and drain your pump gas. The wire is by it's self next to the A/C dangling next to the green tach lead. Becarfull there's a lot of psi there.

+1