You can type here any text you want

How to install an electric fan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
okay, so I finally stopped bitchin about something... got off my arse, went to the pull-a-part (camodeafie what parts did you want off of the x-11 again?) and got a dual electric fan off of a dodge intreped, newer model. Then went to my local friendly AZ to ask them about wiring up this fan. Instead of getting what I needed... i got trainee responses and manager 1000 yard stares... So I need your guyses help installing this damn electric fan. What hardware do I need? I think AZ sells a kit but Im not sure (and neither were they) they had alot of neat switches though.

I ready...... fire away:tongue::biggrin:

okay, so I finally stopped bitchin about something... got off my arse, went to the pull-a-part (camodeafie what parts did you want off of the x-11 again?) and got a dual electric fan off of a dodge intreped, newer model. Then went to my local friendly AZ to ask them about wiring up this fan. Instead of getting what I needed... i got trainee responses and manager 1000 yard stares... So I need your guyses help installing this damn electric fan. What hardware do I need? I think AZ sells a kit but Im not sure (and neither were they) they had alot of neat switches though.

I ready...... fire away:tongue::biggrin:

LOL... AZ is full of half wit noobs:biggrin:

If you don`t want to mess with putting a switch in you dash:
Electric Fan Thermostat | AutoZone.com

I use a switch in dash, wired to the IGN on the fuse box, grounded to the frame and a fuse holder with a 30 fuse under the hood.

lol. on the jerry rigged set up in my ciera, the fan came off something else and is not working anymore; well, it was a simple 2 wire thing; black wire is ground, colored wire is power; ground is bolted down on something metal, a bracket, a bolt, or whatever is metallic, the power wire was spliced into a pink GM hot wire....it was attached to a relay box; im not sure where on your car would a relay be usable for electric fans; nor where would you wire the power, other than directly to a 12 volt battery :eek: as for the X11? see if it has a manual steering rack, and see if its got wheels on it? if neither, no worries :) i dont think they had a larger sway bar than the Ciera bar i have on....(by the way, you think the G body/Regals are nose heavy if v8'd.....my car has a 64% front bias with a 4 banger lol.)

LOL... AZ is full of half wit noobs:biggrin:

If you don`t want to mess with putting a switch in you dash:
Electric Fan Thermostat | AutoZone.com

I use a switch in dash, wired to the IGN on the fuse box, grounded to the frame and a fuse holder with a 30 fuse under the hood.

where did you get the radiator support mounts. i was looking on your youtube vid and saw them they look real nice. if you can, post a pic of them so others can see.

To install the fan, start by unscrewing you spark plugs and connect up a compression tester.

I don't know why you need an electric fan on a car that doesn't run right.

I lurk in these B4B threads all the time. Everytime I see you post people tell you to do a compression test. Why haven't you done that? Be honest. Are you scared of what you will find? You need a good basis to start from, this will help. I too am young but if I ask for tech advise and EVERYONE tells me to do a comp test, you bet your a%$ I am doing it. People will get tired of helping you if you don't use the advise you are getting brother.:redface::redface:

where did you get the radiator support mounts. i was looking on your youtube vid and saw them they look real nice. if you can, post a pic of them so others can see.

I made them:biggrin: I will post some pics tonight for you, real easy to do. I`m going to make a nice aluminum one when I remember to do it:rolleyes:

I lurk in these B4B threads all the time. Everytime I see you post people tell you to do a compression test. Why haven't you done that? Be honest. Are you scared of what you will find? You need a good basis to start from, this will help. I too am young but if I ask for tech advise and EVERYONE tells me to do a comp test, you bet your a%$ I am doing it. People will get tired of helping you if you don't use the advise you are getting brother.:redface::redface:

to be honest, i havent had the time. Ive gotta move by the end of the month or else me and my car are screwed:( Ive had the fan for awhile, but just wanted to get all of the parts Ive bought for my car put on.

to be honest, i havent had the time. Ive gotta move by the end of the month or else me and my car are screwed:( Ive had the fan for awhile, but just wanted to get all of the parts Ive bought for my car put on.

If you have time to install a fan, you have time to do a compression test.
If you have time to play on the internet, you have time to do a compression test.

If you have time to install a fan, you have time to do a compression test.
If you have time to play on the internet, you have time to do a compression test.

No argument here either. If you have time to go out with friends you have the time to do the compression test as well. You are young, single, and have no kids. If you want to get the car running right then do the dayum compression test and let us try and help you get the thing running right.

No argument here either. If you have time to go out with friends you have the time to do the compression test as well. You are young, single, and have no kids. If you want to get the car running right then do the dayum compression test and let us try and help you get the thing running right.

who said I dont have kids:redface::eek:

Back