How to make a fast 355 chevy motor

I'll take a picture of the tool when I find it it has a built 350 turbo trans with a shift kit and 323 rear end 8.5

Limited smallblock

We got a 355 with dart sportsman 2 heads in a malibu on pump gas 10.1 compressiom and a baby solid flat tappet cam going 11.11 @ 118. Budget build. You can make a 355 quick on a budget.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What made you chose 3.23 gears? Where were you able to score an 8.5 rear?
Have you done any of the things novaderrick suggested?
If you aren't sure on the cam you might consider pulling the cover and degreeing the cam so you know where you are. Also a leakdown to see how your seal is.
Do some googling and reading on tuning and such.

Yes I got it very cheap 8.5 posi the seal is fine its an energizer crane cam

Yes I got it very cheap 8.5 posi the seal is fine its an energizer crane cam

I'm talking about the cylinder seal(rings and head gasket) until you leak it down with the gauge, you dont know what you have. Plus it helps as things wear. You can diagnose things with a baseline to look at.
You still haven't given the cam spec. All we are getting is akin to a "3/4 race cam". It doesn't tell any one any thing.

Which cam?...... You said.... yeah thats the one????? Theres a whole list on the link he posted. Which one out of the list?
You are not answering the questions fully.
Help us to help you, You still didn't answer the questions I and others asked you on the first page and other posts

Which cam?...... You said.... yeah thats the one????? Theres a whole list on the link he posted. Which one out of the list?
You are not answering the questions fully.
Help us to help you, You still didn't answer the questions I and others asked you on the first page and other posts
I got to check everything you asked me on the first page but the first one on the list from summit is it

Limited smallblock

Just buy my freshened 406 small block with full ported World Products SportsmanII heads and 9.8:1 compression. That'll wake your car up. PM me if you live close enough to Western Washington. (Seattle area)

If you know what your doing a SBC is easy to work on and make fast!

First off you need to know what you have......if you want a stout N/A engine you need cubes or compression then a good combo.

Lets say you know what you have and all your parts are in good shape and you want more power......I say spray it all day long! A solid SBC will take a lot of abuse even if its not setup for NOS.

NOS is much cheaper than forced induction and the results are fantastic!

If you start over then what I said in the second sentence applies.......I built a 355 for my vett.....I don't have many cubes but it has decent compression 11.6:1 - good flowing aluminum heads and a nice solid flat tappet cam.

All engines are the same as far as needing a correct combo and a good tune...I have seen plenty of over cam'd engines that sound good but wont get out of their own way!

I'd say verify all your parts, combo, condition and spray the sh8t out of it! Oh and get rid of those Autolite plugs and put regular ole AC Delco plugs in it!