You can type here any text you want

How to remove hard water deposits from auto paint

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87LtdT

Truck has sat on edge of driveway over the summer and lawn sprinkler water has daily coated the lower pass side of the truck. Wife has been washing so I never noticed the "buildup" of deposits.

Is there something that can easily remove these deposits and not harm the paint??

Thanks, Bob

Bob, I would try one of those Clay Magic bars. They work pretty good on surface contaminents. You soap up the car and rub quickly and firmly, just like polishing. Use way too much pressure and you'll leave chunks of clay here and there but you won't hurt the paint. They are kinda pricey, like $8 for a soapbar sized one. I think AutoZone has them or something comparable.

I tried the clay and it works great almost everywhere. On the hood the clay did not work. I wound up buying a RA polisher from autopia.com hopefully that will work if not the hood will go to the painters and get redone.

Bob, I would try one of those Clay Magic bars. They work pretty good on surface contaminents. You soap up the car and rub quickly and firmly, just like polishing. Use way too much pressure and you'll leave chunks of clay here and there but you won't hurt the paint. They are kinda pricey, like $8 for a soapbar sized one. I think AutoZone has them or something comparable.

+1

I have used the Mother's kit for years and have always had good results. It also removes all old wax build-up, so make sure you wax the car when you are done. :cool:

Also give Scratch Out, by KIT a try, its in a small yellow bottle from Autozone. kinda like a cleaner wax. It might help.

Back