You can type here any text you want

How to see KR without a knock sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
When tuning a car without a knock sensor, what on the logs would indicate KR? Flutters in the AFR?

Just curious what the big dogs look for when trying to lean out a car or add or decrease timing without a knock sensor but with good logging software.

Extremely lean spikes on the AF. Without a sensor and supporting ecu this spells danger.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Extremely lean spikes on the AF. Without a sensor and supporting ecu this spells danger.

Agreed! Fast ECM but no knock sensor. Wideband feedback and everything, but just curious what all parameters would be off with KR.

I think just Afr. There's nothing telling the system to pull timing during detonation. So nothing else would show the "tickle".

If you are running a vacuum pump, you will see crankcase vacuum drop.

Didn't think about that. But if my math is right you are correct.

If you are addressing me, then yes, even under boost provided your pump is keeping up

FAST ecu. so there should be provisions for a sensor no?

The classic fast doesn't have provisions to read any external analog inputs. So you can't monitor crankcase vacuum like an XFI

Does FAST XFI utilize thw factory knock sensor? If not Cal do you feel it is effective at detecting knock?

Trying to learn.
Cal, can you explain the vacuum drop?

When you get detonation, the rings will flutter and crankcase vacuum will rise. This is not to be confused with manifold vacuum

Does FAST XFI utilize thw factory knock sensor? If not Cal do you feel it is effective at detecting knock?

Yes it does, and you can program the maximum retard, esc attack rate, and esc decay rate

Oh yeah, I fall deeper in love with it everyday! If she just wasn't such an expensive date.

Back