hydro booster leak??

Fast4Ward

bottom of booster is always wet...ps oil is never low and mc still full...every fitting is dry and tight...the lines rubber/metal joints are dry...its been eluding me since i put it on some months ago.
its a RockAuto Cardone that will have to go back eventually....anyone experience same problem...maybe i'm missing something somewhere....only the ps fluid goes through the booster? right?

yup- the booster runs off the PS pump.
mine developed a small leak at the back of the booster. it was livable for af ew years, and then it started to get worse and worse. i eventually ordered a rebuild kit from Pirate Jack Hot Rod & Restoration Auto Parts and rebuilt the booster myself last summer. i haven't put a lot of miles on it since then, but the firewall is still dry and the PS fluid doesn't get low.

yup- the booster runs off the PS pump.
mine developed a small leak at the back of the booster. it was livable for af ew years, and then it started to get worse and worse. i eventually ordered a rebuild kit from www.piratejack.net and rebuilt the booster myself last summer. i haven't put a lot of miles on it since then, but the firewall is still dry and the PS fluid doesn't get low.

My '88 BBC Chevy pickup with hydro boost kept having a problem losing P/S fluid. I could find the oily residue on the frame and other things under the hood but couldn't find an actual leak. Finally I took it to the garage where I get all my work done to have them check it out. They found a number of pin holes in the rubber tubing. The pin holes didn't leak until the pressure got high enough.

It was cheaper to have NAPA bend up the tubing than buy it from GM, so that's what they did. It's been dry ever since and no more oily residue. It still cost about $200.00 including labor.