You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost- leak

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
I just got this all together and backed out of the garage. It seems to leak (heavily) between where the master bolts to the booster. Sure I did try to build some boost by power braking it in the driveway. It's brake fluid. The two lines are dry that go to the front and rear brakes. Is it possible a reman master already has its seals toasted? Is it possible I pushed the master too far while power braking?

did you buy the whole setup reman'd?? if so, somewhere around here i think charlief1 indicated that the reman'd hydroboosts have had some tendencies to be faulty right out of the box...Id take it off ( I know its irritating ) and take it back to wherever you got it from and hopefully you'll get a decent exchange. If you only replaced the master then someone else will have to chime in cuz I don't know enough to be of any real help...

I just got this all together and backed out of the garage. It seems to leak (heavily) between where the master bolts to the booster. Sure I did try to build some boost by power braking it in the driveway. It's brake fluid. The two lines are dry that go to the front and rear brakes. Is it possible a reman master already has its seals toasted? Is it possible I pushed the master too far while power braking?

Sounds like the remaned master is junk. I would replace it.

I got it all from rockauto (mail order), I might just run down to napa and see if they have a master in stock to see if that solves it. This car is a never ending project...

Bad O-ring in the master cylinder. Like posted above, get another one. Sometimes the O-rings can get damaged by the actual bore in the master itself. It wouldn't be likely to happen from power braking. Good luck and post back your findings. ---Keith

Picked up another reman today for $17 at advance to see if that solves it. I might have to paint the thing all black to look better. I drilled out the blue caps and stuck in some nitro plane modelling fuel line to create a way to bench bleed it in the car without making a mess. I should have it back together tonight.

did you buy the whole setup reman'd?? if so, somewhere around here i think charlief1 indicated that the reman'd hydroboosts have had some tendencies to be faulty right out of the box...Id take it off ( I know its irritating ) and take it back to wherever you got it from and hopefully you'll get a decent exchange. If you only replaced the master then someone else will have to chime in cuz I don't know enough to be of any real help...

You're right. I will never use a reman if a new one is available.:mad: You really don't want to go there. I've replaced more of them one at a time because the customer want a frigging remaned master cylinder. Get a new one if it's out there!!!

Sounds like the remaned master is junk. I would replace it.

BINGO!!!

I have to agree I would not use a rebuilt master. The hydroboost unit creates so much more hydraulic pressure why put your trust in a rebuild?

Everyone I talked to only offered a reman. Got the reman #2 on last night after dinner. Going to fire it up here shortly and run around the block.

"Don't you have work tomorrow?" - I work tons of hours any and every day, my office is in my house. I own a software consulting company which uses the virtual office model skype/gotomypc/gotomeeting/email to interact with clients and developers on projects. So if I want to take a break and clear my head to think about how to solve an implementation detail, sure I'll clock out, take a 5 minute break, drink a coke, and sit in the garage and organize some tools or something before going back to the grindstone.

I hate this effing car. Master doesn't leak, but now its dripping the darker power steering fluid where the two halves of the hyrdo unit go together. The previous leak was clear brake fluid. Great.

Back