You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87Turbo-TWE4

When I go to the parts store to get everything I need, do I tell the guy to look under '84 Grand National for all the part numbers?

is there anything better then Cardone? i need to redo my hydroboost and master cylinder soon.

is there anything better then Cardone? i need to redo my hydroboost and master cylinder soon.

Only thing available that's better than Cardone is good used GM. :rolleyes: I bought a new Cardone one form Oriellys and ended up swapping the new internals into the old GM housing to get it to work right. I've heard of a couple others that had issues with the reman ones as well. So if you have a GM one on there now...don't turn it in for the core charge till you make sure yours is working. I think the core charge is only 20-30 bucks anyway. HTH ---Keith

i am gonna order a rebuild kit for my leaking hydroboost amd fix it myself.. i figure the $39.95 for the kit is a better deal than the $120 or whatever a reman unit goes for these days.

i am gonna order a rebuild kit for my leaking hydroboost amd fix it myself.. i figure the $39.95 for the kit is a better deal than the $120 or whatever a reman unit goes for these days.

Good plan. Just outta curiosity, what all is included in the rebuild kit??

Shop around. There was a significant price difference between parts stores. Try oriellys, thats where i got mine.

about $5 worth of o rings and seals. for either $39.95 or $60, depending on which kit you order.

Is this kit for the master cylinder?? I would think a rebuild kit for the booster would include a new spool valve and accumulator piston. The only o-ring in the booster is the one that seals the housing. :confused:

Back