Hyper Ground Wire set, No GN kit, can someone make 1 like this for $25 & 13RWHP?

GNVYUS 1

I figured GN's, like RX7's, could benefit from these ground wire kits due to having poor grounding. The RX7 reportedly made 13rwhp with the kit after some dyno pulls and different ground locations. Caspers addressed this issue with a head grounding kit at $40, so there might be something to doing this. At minimum, your getting easier grounding locations and probably a small HP gain.

Here is a guy that is making a set for the 3000/Stealth crowd for $25!!
http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177809&highlight=ground+wire+kit

Here is the closest thing for a buick v6 from hyper
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/racinglab/hygrsyforbu0.html
$120

The problem so far with the kits is no one is telling you where to put the ground wires for the most power. We could figure out the best grounding spots for HP by guys who have the kit dynoing their cars. We could easily set up a yahoo forum and then work together on whats working and where are spots left to test. After a few changes the kits locked in for everyone else.

Who could make a kit like this?

Alot of people like myself just run an extra 4 gauge ground wire from the battery to the frame.Got rid of my engine noise in the stereo.

Originally posted by DR.BOOSTER
I figured GN's, like RX7's, could benefit from these ground wire kits due to having poor grounding. .........
The problem so far with the kits is no one is telling you where to put the ground wires for the most power. ..........

Who could make a kit like this?

Don't think a "kit" needs to be made as wire and cables are readily available?

The GN has various grounds. As has been stated before, the body is the ground plane. The factory provides grounds from body to engine. The electronics from the harness is grounded to the engine and the battery is grounded there also.

On the performance GN's we have done, these grounds are duplicated with heavier wire/cable. A frame to engine ground is also installed or you can do it directly from the battery as mentioned.

Your point is very good as the factory grounds deteriate over time and anyway are marginal for high performance use.

John's ground relocation kit is a good start

That was my point, John took the time to make an extender kit for $40. That must mean if someone could make this kit with heavy gauge wire and multiple ground locations at around $50, it would probably do some good for these cars.

Don't think a "kit" needs to be made as wire and cables are readily available?

True, but for $50, I would not even bother spending the time to find them and put the kit together. The 3000gt guy had a great looking kit for $25!! Its hard to p*** that up to do your own kit. Maybe I am wrong, I will search tonight and see whats out there.

But, someone on the board must work in a field that can pull this off like the guy in the 3000gt link did for $25. And if so, I would pay even $50 for 10hp, less electrical interference, better starts and attention grabbing fat black ground wires under my hood. :D

HEY - I'll do it for $50.00! OR -
Your local stereo store should be able to set you up for around $10.00. All you need is 2 1ft pieces of 4 ga, a side post adapter and 4 ring terminals. Unless your grounds are total junk, i doubt a drastic increase in horse power will be seen though. Good grounds are always a good thing though

Did you ever see what passes for wiring in ricemobiles? Not much in the older ones.... :eek:

In the Buicks the grounding is decent from the factory for many things, excepting the upgraded fuel system.

The problem with the factory wiring is it's in a difficult to see and work on position. It also gets messed up and destroyed by people when pulling their motors and trannys weekly. ;)

I agree with adding some 2-4 gauge wiring to the frame from the battery and an 8 gauge to the gas tank tab from the rear frame.

Easy to do with junk parts.