I broke my Buick...

Got an 18mm socket and got the fan belt off....at current pace....another three years and I should have the engine out.
The next "" is the balancer bolt....what size is that one?

If it means another $10 socket....I'll prolly just remove the crank pulley and then mount my crank tool to the balancer....

LOL
I can do it....I've done numerous engine and trans swaps all on my lonesome in my garage on first gen Camaro's....just never on a Buick...and time is limited....along with cash...so no rush.

Before I pull it I actually want to see if I can turn the moro a full rotation by hand or not...
So...what size head is on that balancer bolt?

Got an 18mm socket and got the fan belt off....at current pace....another three years and I should have the engine out.
The next "" is the balancer bolt....what size is that one?

If it means another $10 socket....I'll prolly just remove the crank pulley and then mount my crank tool to the balancer....

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW~!

Where is a moderator when you need one!! :eek:

LOL
I can do it....I've done numerous engine and trans swaps all on my lonesome in my garage on first gen Camaro's....just never on a Buick...and time is limited....along with cash...so no rush.

Before I pull it I actually want to see if I can turn the moro a full rotation by hand or not...
So...what size head is on that balancer bolt?
1" 1/4 if my memory hasn't failed me. On the perimeter of the lower pulley are 13mm bolts just use a box wrench & you should be able to turn it over.

Chicken u gonna get urself a GoPro when u limp her back to life? I will even go half with u on one just to see ur killz on video. im serious. you could be the next youtube sensation:D and why does this Haterade dude keep following me:mad::)

It's 1 1/8". You fail old man! :p

Neal
( blush ) Niel how is that white Regal coming along. I had a lot of fun building the one I sold Guy. I feel like building another white car. They look good in that color. Especially with the blue bench seat interior. I don't care much for the burgundy interior though. What color is yours.

Chicken u gonna get urself a GoPro when u limp her back to life? I will even go half with u on one just to see ur killz on video. im serious. you could be the next youtube sensation:D and why does this Haterade dude keep following me:mad::)

I already have a GoPro...but probably will not use it for recording street kills....cuz camera's = evidence if ever pulled over for speed contests. Can't wait till they release that remote control back pack....coming soon... ;-)

( blush ) Niel how is that white Regal coming along. I had a lot of fun building the one I sold Guy. I feel like building another white car. They look good in that color. Especially with the blue bench seat interior. I don't care much for the burgundy interior though. What color is yours.

I have a white car for you to build. :cool:

Chicken, lets face it, being a mechanic is not your job, leave that to the professionals, your job is to destroy dreams and buicks dont try to change that.. :)

Neal how is that white Regal coming along? I had a lot of fun building the one I sold Guy. I feel like building another white car. They look good in that color. Especially with the blue bench seat interior. I don't care much for the burgundy interior though. What color is yours.

Lou,

My white car is coming along pretty well. I've been driving it sparingly back and forth to work. I still have some sqeeks etc. to deal with but it's small stuff. I'm planning on ripping the front suspension off over the Christmas break and installing the UMI / Hotchkis stuff I bought. I bought a core 2004R trans and might try my hand at rebuilding it as my current trans is a bit iffy on the 1-2 shift. I think the band might be bad. BTW, mine is grey inside with the bucket seats and center console. It's a pretty nice combo. I'll post up some pics in another thread in a few days.

Neal

Lou,

My white car is coming along pretty well. I've been driving it sparingly back and forth to work. I still have some sqeeks etc. to deal with but it's small stuff. I'm planning on ripping the front suspension off over the Christmas break and installing the UMI / Hotchkis stuff I bought. I bought a core 2004R trans and might try my hand at rebuilding it as my current trans is a bit iffy on the 1-2 shift. I think the band might be bad. BTW, mine is grey inside with the bucket seats and center console. It's a pretty nice combo. I'll post up some pics in another thread in a few days.

Neal
Car sounds nice, Might as well try & rebuild the trans yourself. I have often been tempted. Couldn't do any worst than most of the tragedy's I have witnessed.

I really don't want to see Gary Wells or Lou in a bikini! The thought makes me feel sort of ill. Different strokes I guess... ;)

Neal
Niel, stop divulging you're fantasies about Gary & I publicly, after all this is a family oriented website.