i knew it was slow lol

liv4gnz

went to island dragway yesterday saw turbo jimmy and his brother

first run was 14.4 at 95

last run was 14.1 2.2 60 ft trapped 95

traction wasnt a problem no tire spin at all

You defiantly have more in it. Those 60fts are killing you. Id say with your modifications you should have an easy low 13 second slip. Your mph is kind of low, how much boost are you running and did you run any boost out of the hole?

it felt so ****en dead at the track like i was driving my grandpas cadillac down it

didnt ****en move idk why but on the way there and back it was like a different car again it just felt like **** like it wasnt moving idk if it had to do with the launch it was like 2-2500 rpm turned green and let the brake go

but it had like boost problem for some reason like it acted liek a different car on the track

Hows your tune? have you tried giving it more timing up top or pulling/adding fuel?

Again how much boost, and what do your 02's look like? Is your TPS and IAC set any vac leaks?

no vacume leaks

i havnt touched timing

boost is at 16-17

o2s read at WOT 780-815

any more boost and it knocks

i have the fuel on the scan master at like 145

is there any good buick tuners in nj or any one that can help me out tuning it

Where in jersey are you? That boost is low you need to turn it up! If you dont have an alky kit you need to put some race gas in at the track and turn the boost up.

well yea i have the alky kit in came in but before i cover up a problem with it i wanna figure it out first you think thats it?

Well i personally couldnt go above 16lbs myself, so i put on the alkycontrol kit. Then turned the boost up to 22:biggrin: . I was having some top end problems as well, but after upping the timing and dropping some fuel iv got it just about figured out. Just have to watch those 02's and knock. Get that kit on there and crank up the boost!!!!

Im in jersey as well(north) im no pro but i have gotten my car to run pretty good. Especially from how it was when i got it.

where? im in north jersey as well passaic county clifton

neighbors wayne nutley passaic bloomfield and my shop is in paterson

If you testing on the street like me. Its all in increments. Add a little bit at a time, i went off of erics alky chip which i think was 23/21 for timing. As far as fuel if your 02's are high up in the 800's and have no knock i would drop it down slowly. I had to drop mine almost 10%..

well tomorrow ill throw the kit in and by any chance you might be free this weekend and if this rain stops we can meet up

you from haledon or north haledon my cousin just got accepted as a cop there steven kaufati hes around 21-22

but like i said after i get the alky in if you wanna go for a ride and see if you can help me out tuning and show me some pointers i would be glad to get some lunch on me and if you ever gotta use a lift in the future wouldnt be a problem

and theres a place down the street that has meth 5$ a gallon

went to island dragway yesterday saw turbo jimmy and his brother

first run was 14.4 at 95

last run was 14.1 2.2 60 ft trapped 95

traction wasnt a problem no tire spin at all

It was nice meeting you yesterday.

Did re-plumbing the "Y" fix the boost spike?

Mike (darkred87T) and I left after our second run. 5 hours to get 2 runs it was pretty frustrating. Plus mine was knocking bad on both runs.

You do have a lot left in your current combo. You're on street tires so you're not going to get fantastic 60' times (and therefore ETs), but you should probably focus on getting the MPH, which is an indication of the power you're making. 95 is a bit low even for a bone stock car, and I know you have an upgraded turbo. You need to be able to run more boost without knock. Best bet is to mix in some race fuel for now rather than invest in alky.

You have a decent chip, you just need to start making it work for you. My brother and I plan to be back at Island this Friday night. We can take a look at some of the basics.

Jim

yea i re plumbed that thing and it was worse ): the boost was barely going up past 14 for some reason so i guess it was on correct?

the tires were surprising not spinning at all the were like glue but there wasnt enough power off the line

yea i re plumbed that thing and it was worse ): the boost was barely going up past 14 for some reason so i guess it was on correct?

the tires were surprising not spinning at all the were like glue but there wasnt enough power off the line

Yeah, I think the dyslexia got the best of me. You probably had it plumbed right: the restrictor goes to the compressor; the non-restricted part goes to the actuator. You need to make sure it's facing the right direction, though. The restriction is only on one port - the port that the compressor hose goes on.

The track was sticky yesterday. I got a 1.5 60' time out of my worn-out drag radials with a 14-psi launch. But, your 60' time shows either tire spin or a lazy launch. You should see a few PSI on the gauge before you launch.

Jim (posting from my brother's account)

is there need of that restrictor or sensor?isnt it liek after you do a adj wastegate

you can delete that sensor but keep it plugged it?

is there need of that restrictor or sensor?isnt it liek after you do a adj wastegate

you can delete that sensor but keep it plugged it?

The restrictor is for use with the stock wastegate/soleniod arrangment. You need it unless you replace it with another form of boost control (like a bleeder or something).

Jim