You can type here any text you want

I melted # 1 plug, Do low imps Injector drivers go bad or a bad injector

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I installed a -8 feed line next time at the track i blew a head gasket in #1
then i replaced the ECM, I currently have about 20-30 10sec passed no problems. must have been the #1 injector driver in the ECM

thanks

You can add all the fuel to the chip you want but if you can't get the fuel to the rail then it won't matter. If your a/f was truely 11.1 then adding fuel only gets you richer. You should run a fuel gauge to your windshield and watch it at WOT to see if the pressure is dropping. If this is the case you are using more fuel than you can get to the rail.

I'll give you an example. We had a car running 10.80's but getting lean with a FAST system and 72's which should not happen. After trying everything we could we gave up and put the -8 line to the rail from the pump. Problem solved, now we have been low 10's with lots of room on fuel. Some cars run 9's with stock lines, some can barely run 10's. Maybe some lines become partially plugged, who know's? If you want to fix it, either replace the stock fuel lines with new ones ( Major PIA) and hope that's the problem or put the bigger line on it.

Dusty brings up a good point. You have to understand that pushing through a small feed line, even if it works for some, the PSI at the pump to support the PSI at the rail with high flow ## is going to get crazy high. That takes a pump in good condition and good battery voltage to support.

I just read you found the ECU was malfunctioning. I have had a driver fail and it just plain went dead. That's a scary thought what happened to you, but that's what we all put on the line with all the electronics in our cars these days.....

The driver goes..

Ted A said:
"I just read you found the ECU was malfunctioning. I have had a driver fail and it just plain went dead".
I'm w/ Ted on this 1...

out, and the inj does not work. Therefore, no fuel, therefore no heat. Why would a dead cyl, w/ nothing but spark, burn that cyl up??:confused:

the car started and drove fine 50 miles to the track first past about 900ft and pooff there goes the gasket. At the time I installed the -8 feed i also installed 2 new intank pumps the 2nd pump comes on at 12 psi. battery voltage was 14v+ i have the caspers voltage booster. before i change the ECM i was told that maybe the injector driver was heating up. so i bought another ECM and had new drivers installed by Red Armstrong. Been fine ever since.... when I first stared having these issues i was using cometic head gaskets and they work... melted the piston major repair, then went to stock head gaskets, blew two head gasket not that big a deal till i found the problem.

Back