You can type here any text you want

I think i broke something.....bad

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The mystery of Alky failures is that they do not always show KR.

nope like i said the head gaskets are perfectly in tact

Without pulling the heads or doing a compression check, how did you determine the that the head gaskets are good?
(edit : never mind I just found the new thread that says you tore it down)

Just be reading through your posts, It's my opinion that you need to read up a little more on these cars, back down the boost to about 16 lbs turn off the alky and get a good safe baseline, make sure exerything is working 100% with no knock, and learn how to tune from there. There's a good tutorial on this in the Alky forum of this site. Try it any other way and it can get real expensive for you real quick.

Also, Think about stepping up to a Power Logger and Wide band O2 setup. Tuning with information you can get from that is WAY better than trying do it with the Scanmaster.

Like Grumpy stated, headgasket blew into the lifter valley. Be glad it is that, not a ring. Headgaskets are a weekend job, and will cost you the price of gaskets, a broken ring means rebuild. This is very common, and I think Grumpy has owned acouple of these cars in his day to know.:biggrin:

Like Grumpy stated, headgasket blew into the lifter valley. Be glad it is that, not a ring. Headgaskets are a weekend job, and will cost you the price of gaskets, a broken ring means rebuild. This is very common, and I think Grumpy has owned acouple of these cars in his day to know.:biggrin:

lol too late its the piston but than again i am the third owner of the car 140k miles the extra boost probably just made it give in

Wow, must have had alot of detonation. A friend of mine with a GTP came into work with a spark plug that the ground electrode was bent off to the side. Replaced the plugs, and the car still ran rough. It turned out the piston was missing a chunk. Ofcourse, he ran it on cheap gas with a small pulley and beat the crap out of it.

Back