You can type here any text you want

I think I'm in way over my head

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wow, car looks great! I find posting pics will help others help you. Good luck with your car!

your car looks fantastic! I agree with most all the posts in this thread.....these cars can be a handful if you jump in and do not know what your doing. It can get real ugly real quick. As mentioned I would read all you can and get a good base of how these cars work,then when you start to drive it more in the warmer months it will not be so hard to understand what is going on. If you plan to keep the car mostly stock as you have it, it really will be no problem maintaining it. Also keep in mind if you do start to mod it getting the proper monitoring equipment is a must!!!! When I first started playing with these cars in the late 90's I was ignorant and basically listend to a supposed local "Buick guru" and just bought what he said to buy. This was the biggest and most costly mistake!

These cars can be tons of fun, they are older so there will be gremlins ans sometimes they can be difficult to find. This is where the frustarting part can be, but if you know the principles and you take your time you will find the problems and you will see that there is nothing too difficult.

Good luck and welcome to the site.!

If you need any help I am in Kitchener,I have all the scan tools and special tools needed.:DI also have a good supply of parts when you are trying to trouble shoot:wink:Send me a pm and I will gladly give you my phone number.These cars are no harder to work on than anything else out their.The best thing is they give you information vs older carbed cars that do not.They are the most fun I have ever had:biggrin:

Kevin

unless you are a master gm mechanic you are in over your head.run away while you still can
not to knock GM techs but there are plenty of guys on here that have forgotten more than the best GM techs may ever know. There is no other resource that cones close to this board for anything related to these cars. The biggest problems I see with these cars are things that were screwed up by gorillas with wrenches and age related crap like corroded wires and grounding issues. A near stock low mile garages turbo regal is one of the easiest cars to diagnose and work on.

In my opinion these cars are a great way to learn about EFI and boosted applications, I was afraid of mine when I bought it but I will never go back to a carbed application.

These cars are simple for a car with electronics...Like Razor said the only way it gets more easy is with a carb.

In 1990 I went from driving my 1967 GS400 daily to a GN and I found the GN much easier than the Quadrajet and points. :p Matter of fact, when the GS goes back together, I'll probably go with Pertronix in the distributor and an EZ EFI on the intake. Sit back, relax, learn over the winter and enjoy that GN come springtime!

Back