You can type here any text you want

I think my Gen6 dfi is not working anymore

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
One can not live on one ecu alone, you should start stocking up. last time i looked i had about 6 or 7 here.......

If he is using stock rockers i bet the rocker shaft is bending at the end causing the rocker to bind and cause problems

I think I found the problem

Well you guys may have hit the nail on the head especially like your comment Norbs.

I changed coil packs still had the missfire at part throttle and erractic boost readings at WOT.

I changed the injectors from the other car...same problem.

I pulled the valve cover off on the passenger side and didn't see any broken valve springs.

I pulled the driver side cover off and didn't see any broken valve springs.

but.... when I left the driver side valve cover off, and the engine running, the #1 exhaust rocker wasn't actuating as much as the others :mad: Basically, it looks like 0.120" lift rather than 0.5".

I have a bent pushrod. It's not a significant bend, but it doesn't roll very well on a flat surface (glass table).

I don't think this can cause a significant amount of lost lift. Note that the pushrod was observered to be rotating while the engine was idling.

I suspect another flattened lobe...this time the #1 exhaust valve. (last time it was #3) I still need to remove the passenger side to see if any others are gone.

Well at least I know it's a hardware problem and not a software issue.

The minimum for me to do is remove the intake manifold and inspect the cam from the lifter valley. Does everyone agree that's my next step? That way I can acutally examine the cam lobes before taking it out.

norbs said:
One can not live on one ecu alone, you should start stocking up. last time i looked i had about 6 or 7 here.......

If he is using stock rockers i bet the rocker shaft is bending at the end causing the rocker to bind and cause problems

Back