You can type here any text you want

Identify engine block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rjg1987gn

Can anyone help ID an engine block that currently sits in a 87 GN? casting number 25526109.

Thanks

That would be the standard 109 casting, VIN7 GN/Turbo Regal engine block.

Good enough??

Yes. Thanks

Rick

Not necessarily, the std naturally aspirated and turbo blocks both have the same 25526109 casting. The only difference "from factory" would be that the turbo blocks will have the addition turbo oil drain back hole on the block. But the naturally aspirated blocks are identical and can be drilled for the turbo oil return.

Not necessarily, the std naturally aspirated and turbo blocks both have the same 25526109 casting. The only difference "from factory" would be that the turbo blocks will have the addition turbo oil drain back hole on the block. But the naturally aspirated blocks are identical and can be drilled for the turbo oil return.

But he asked about a 109 in an 87 GN. Not 109's in general.

supposidly the NA 109's have a lesser carbon content and arent as strong...but i doubt thats the case as the turbo oil drain hole is drilled and tapped not cast in.

Can anyone confirm that the NA block is not as strong. I have never heard that. Just interested.

Can anyone confirm that the NA block is not as strong. I have never heard that. Just interested.
I can confirm that the thought of that is kind of ridiculous. They were all cast in the same foundry at the same relative time. They are equally weak. If they were different there would be some identifying mark that the assemblers at the plants would use to identify one from the other.

I read it either here or the other TB site about all the block casting numbers...Im pretty sure it was the other site

Gnttype has results from both varieties of 109 that were sent out for metallurgical analysis. They came back identical.

Back