You can type here any text you want

If you are thinking about a ROLLER Cam....much props!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
thanks for the replys.. one last question.. im trying to picture this in my head.. and still dont understand it.. why cant this issue be resolve simply by replacing the valve springs ( beehive..ech..)??? is it that the guides arent able to hold the extra pressure (lift) the cam has??? why is a seal needed in the exhuast side if it didnt come stock?? sorry for all the questions.. just trying to understand this a bit more.. im just trying to picture this in my head.. :D sorry....

I'll give this a shot and see if I can explain it.

The stock exhaust guide is much taller than the intake guide, that's why it doesn't require a seal. But if the cam's big enough then there's not enough room and it will hit. So people cut the guide down and machine it to use a seal like the exhaust guide, problem solved.

I'll give this a shot and see if I can explain it.

The stock exhaust guide is much taller than the intake guide, that's why it doesn't require a seal. But if the cam's big enough then there's not enough room and it will hit. So people cut the guide down and machine it to use a seal like the exhaust guide, problem solved.

:eek: oooh... now i see it in my head...lol.. thanks.. makes sense now...lol.. sorry for all the millions of questions...:p :biggrin:

You also have to change the exhaust valve to a TTA style(smooth stem) for the seal to ride on. Stock valve has a channel to suck oil out of the guide. It will not work with a seal,gets tore up.

Back