Im Back

V6GRANDstang

Whats going on guys. I havent been on this board for a good while. Feels good to be back again though.
Little history I had a V6 mustang had it pretty nicely modded but had to get rid of the car due to the worst situation. But now my focus is right back to getting a Grand National. I had to do alot of thinking on what I wanted between the National or a 5.0

So i need some advice on what I should look towards when puchasing a National. Such as areas of rust or pref. years. what to watch out for. Cuz i dont wanna be screwed in the end.

Thanks Guys Hope to become more of a member now :cool:

If i were to purchase another turbo buick i would definitely try to find one with ZERO rust and a hardtop-

try to find one that does not have any hack job wiring under the hood due to a misled mechanic who doesnt know how to work on a GN-

it just depends on how much your willing to spend to get the right car for the best bang for the buck-
there are alot of turbobuicks in the cars for sale section, again, try and find one with no rust and been garaged most of its life will help you in the long run-

BW

Hey Quick I already had in mind to get a hardtop. Where does must rust lie in a National? I know in stangs to look under the car esp. in the back region. under the wheel wells. Should I do the same for the Nat?
im most likely gonna spend 8-9 grand on one. I saw one in the 4 sale board thats near me (mass) for 8 grand. I really wish I had all the dough Id check it out for sure.

check for rust, 1. Under the inside of the doors 2. Stress cracks on the roof, near the top rear corner of the window. 3. Rust under the car for the floor boards. 4. lower rear quaters.

You'll know when you see a nice car, take your time, and you'll be ok. 8-9 grand should buy you a nice car in this economy.

Thanks Nick. Thats the info I needed.
Any other things I should look out for when looking at the nat?
Thanks

if the guy takes care of the car, then he would have reciepts for what has been done to it lately, and under the hood should be clean as a whistle-

if its not, then more thank likely the guy doesnt spend alot of time under the hood taking care of maintenance and it will be dirty and neglected-

your best bet would be to buy one from someone who hangs out "if available" turbo regal click in town-
we have alot of turbo regals here in town, and within that group we know pretty much everything about the turbo regals, theres about 50 guys here in town with em :)
it really helps to have all that info to make sure these cars are taken care of the right way with the right guys

if not, you might not be getting the right car that has been taken care of-

also look for rust under the deck lid, and make sure it has the RPO sticker under the decklid listing all the options for the car
BW

Check the buyer's guide on gnttype.org and take a look around that page as well as reading the forums here. You'll get a feel for what kinda problems are common and some real bad things to look for. You might also want to look into getting kirban's guide to buying a turbo regal, I know I found it useful both for shopping and for getting some generally useful info on the cars. Hanging out with some of the turbo buick guys in your area can be very helpful as well and I'm sure many of them would be willing to go check out a car with you when you're close to buying. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions!

-Jade

Quick and Jade thanks for all the help. Def helped me out quite a bit.

Steve its quite intresting stepping to the darkside considering im a stang guy but believe me im looking forward to it :D