Injector Duty Limit 50#MSD

No worries, I noticed you were out of town. I am going by the red dot that comes on next to "injector duty cycle" on the edash, so i wouldn't know the difference in this case.
That's what it is. The added boost must be pushing your fuel system past its limits

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

That's what it is. The added boost must be pushing your fuel system past its limits

Might explain the big spikes (graph) we were trying to sort out since that much boost was not intended. I am not used to a manual boost controller and thought i had it set for little/no boost. It was open all the except for a few threads to hold it together.

Last edited:

Got the boost to settle down at 17lbs. This required it to be tuner style with the WG rod installed with no tension, slip fit. No more IDC error.

Spikes are back on the graph after I smoothed it all out. Maf is on a dedicated line. Fuel pressure is rising 1:1. Cal, i emailed you a log & tune file but it was the day you left and i may have had your address wrong. I'll resend and try to reach you next week. Welcome back

With a .950” hole and heavier tension spring the lowest I was able to get last week was 22-23psi with 60-1/t31. This was on an engine with a good set of iron heads. Even if I removed the actuator I was still able to achieve 22-23psi by 5300rpm. This was of no concern to me since I was planning on getting the turbo all in which was accomplished with the factory solenoid. To get manifold pressures down a larger hole would be required. If this was a stock engine it would need an even larger hole. You should be increasing the bypass hole and using the pwm solenoid to bleed off signal in 1st and 2nd to get a more linear boost control. This strategy will make the car quicker and will allow you to waste more energy in 3rd where you need lower manifold pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a .950” hole and heavier tension spring the lowest I was able to get last week was 22-23psi with 60-1/t31. This was on an engine with a good set of iron heads. Even if I removed the actuator I was still able to achieve 22-23psi by 5300rpm. This was of no concern to me since I was planning on getting the turbo all in which was accomplished with the factory solenoid. To get manifold pressures down a larger hole would be required. If this was a stock engine it would need an even larger hole. You should be increasing the bypass hole and using the pwm solenoid to bleed off signal in 1st and 2nd to get a more linear boost control. This strategy will make the car quicker and will allow you to waste more energy in 3rd where you need lower manifold pressure

Makes sense, as these irons have been opened up alot. I cant run a solenoid any more with fast though, correct? All i can do is open the hole up. You rebuilt this te60 a few months ago, do you address the hole size at all, because i have no idea what size it is.

Im obviously off track here if someone wants to relocate this part of the thread.

Makes sense, as these irons have been opened up alot. I cant run a solenoid any more with fast though, correct? All i can do is open the hole up. You rebuilt this te60 a few months ago, do you address the hole size at all, because i have no idea what size it is.

Ive use pwm solenoid with fast. I don’t touch bypass holes unless someone requests it and sends a template. Otherwise your just shooting in the dark. Some of the cheap aftermarket pipes are off by a quarter inch. Carbide burr is the quickest way to open it up. FWIW if you had stock heads manifold pressure would be even higher

Or in my case, loosen the rod until I know what im doing - sacrificing speed before full boost?

How about you write a book.. Don't get me wrong, I love searching this forum until my retinas melt.

Current table, those peaks wont stay away
9eec899afae018bd57d1bfcfafd20b25.jpg
cce1fea7457e77bafda6ef3f57866a6e.jpg

Current table, those peaks wont stay away
9eec899afae018bd57d1bfcfafd20b25.jpg
cce1fea7457e77bafda6ef3f57866a6e.jpg
I'm not concerned about the peaks as long as your fuel system is keeping up. The numbers in your initial table seem low. I'll be available during the week. Please give me a call and we can sort this out

I'm not concerned about the peaks as long as your fuel system is keeping up. The numbers in your initial table seem low. I'll be available during the week. Please give me a call and we can sort this out

I got 0 kr on a few wot 3rd gears pulls, so i think its in a good spot.